iv - Robin

To say the last day and a half cramped in a car were stressful would be a severe understatement. Rachel has been a little clingier to me since the whole mansion incident. I'm torn between relieved and fed up as I haven't really had time away from her and to myself basically since Dick came and picked me up in Gotham.

Kory has been relatively nice, even asking questions relating to my wellbeing every now and then, it's almost strange how much she's grown to care for me in so little time.

As for Garfield, I'm ready to throw that boy out of the car, his invasive questions never really ceasing and becoming more personal the more we drove for what felt like an eternity.

"So you're like, rich and famous?" He asks for about the third time, the wording always slightly different but still prodding the same answer from me

I sigh and run my temples, desperately trying to make sense of the files in my hands, ignoring the kid almost completely. Lucky for me, Richard comes to my rescue, "C'mon, give it a rest," His command was almost gentle, though we were all a little shocked as he's barely spoken the whole ride.

Gar decides to take advantage of Dick's talking, "I still can't believe you traded in the Porsche for a minivan."

The detective sighs, "At least we can all fit in," He rationalises

I grumble a little, slightly irritable, "And to think I used to joyride with you in that thing," I mutter, looking up to see Richard giving me a small 'shut up' look.

"Wait what?" Gar asks and I look in the rear view mirror, seeing a smirk on Rachel's face and raised eyebrows from Kory.

I decide to offer a half explanation, "This car used to belong to Bruce Wayne. When Dick and I were teenagers, we used to sneak out in this thing and hit one-ten on the freeway."

Gar shakes his head, "No way," He whispers excitedly to himself. His elated mood fades when we pull into a motel, "We're not actually staying here, are we?" He asks, thank god I can get out of this car.

Kory joins the conversation, wanting to ease my mind, "You know, there's probably a nicer place down the road."

Richard sighs and turns to them, "We're being hunted by sociopaths. Nicer places draw attention." He rationalises with them. He better be careful, his Robin is showing.