Chapter: 131

The moment we figured John must have kept Liam somewhere near, Alec was already alerting everyone.

Not even one hour has passed and we got the exact location where John is and it turns out that he was sitting right under our nose.

John is hiding inside the building which Alec's grandfather used for the training purposes of new recruits.

Finn has managed to get information that John has ties with some mafia and something went wrong so now they are after his life. It didn't take much to put two and two together that John is willing to giving them those files to save his ass.

"Avery, can I request you something?" Alec speaks quietly, as we both are waiting inside his car for his team to arrive so that they can finally break into the building.

Alec is not ready to take any chances because we have no idea how many men are inside that building and he is not willing to give John any room of escape.

"Don't request me anything which I will not be able to do," I reply without tearing away my eyes from the building which is keeping my son away from me.

"If anything turns wrong, you will leave from here as soon as you can," He says, "Don't worry about Liam, because I swear on my life, I will not let anything happen to him and he will be with you soon."

My heart aches when I hear these words, it is impossible for me to do what he is asking for. I can't leave him.

"Alec, do you love me?" Raising my eyebrows, I glance at him.

"What kind of question is this, Avery?" He narrows his eyes at me, "You know, I do love you."

"So, then even you will do the same thing." I hold his gaze, unwaveringly, "You will take Liam and leave from here."

"What nonsense you are talking?" Anger visible in his eyes, "You are asking me to go without you? I'd never leave you, Avery, no matter what."

"Then how come you can expect me to do the same, Alec?" I humorless laugh leaves my lips.

"It is not the same." He closes his eyes and shakes his head, "I love you-"

"Alec, when will you understand what you mean to me?" Turning my face away from him, I interrupt him, "Can't you see how much I need you in my life?" I sigh.

"Not everything is meant to be said, something are just meant to be felt." Blinking I dry my tears, as I keep staring out.

"Avery..." I hear him say, but I don't look in his direction as my heart is already hurt from his words and I know one look at him and I will not be able to hold back my tears.

******************************************************

Alec and I haven't said a word to each other, and I think it is better because we both need to focus on what is important rather than trying to divert our attention on something which is least important for now.

Leaning against the car, I watch Alec talking with some of the members of his team. These guys are divided into three groups, and each group has six members.

The group with which Alec is talking is the one which he will be leading and they will be the second one to enter the building. As the first group will go inside first and neutralize all the targets that come in their way working as a cover. Alec's group's main goal is to keep the element of surprise and rescue, Liam.

The third group is a set of snipers that will be positioned outside the building to provide them the extra cover.

The entire area has been cordoned off, so there is no way John or any of his men can escape from this building.

Everything just seems like a scene from some action movie.

Everyone is moving with agility and grace, and there is confidence oozing from their movements like they have done this numerous times and they are ready to face whatever is thrown in their way.

However, the seriousness of the situation is not hard to miss in their eyes. Betrayal, hurt, anger, and revenge these feelings can be witnessed behind the mask of calmness that everyone has put upon their faces.

It is fascinating to see them work so efficiently. However, my eyes keep traveling back to Alec. There is something different about Alec, the way he is carrying himself is something which I have never seen before. His posture says that he is ready to take down anyone or anything that comes in his way yet there is no trace of overconfidence in him.

I watch Alec checking his weapons, then next he checks the earpiece to make sure there is no hindrance in the communication.

Some final sets of instructions are given and soon everyone is ready to put their plan into action.

All this while, I stand in the corner looking at everything as a silent spectator not wanting to come in between their way.

Alec's eyes abruptly lock with mine, and I hold his gaze steadily. I have locked all my emotions behind my stoic facade, not letting any feelings slip through my expressions.

I don't want to tell him that I am scared... I don't want to let him know that I am worried... I don't want him to see that I trying to be strong, but I am failing.

Alec says something to his group, nodding their head they walk away. Not breaking eye contact with me, he walks towards me, forcing me to tear my eyes away from him and look away.

I can't handle the burden of his penetrative gaze.

I keep my gaze fixed down when he touches my face as he steps near me. Cupping my face in his hand, he raises it and then he plants his lips on my forehead. I feel him exhale a small breath against my skin, as he again presses his lip against my forehead then his hand falls on his side and he steps away.

Grabbing his collar, I pull him back to me. Lifting my eyes, I look at him as I cover the distance between us. He leans his head down, at the same time, I raise my head as we share a heartfelt kiss.

I try to convey my feelings through the kiss because I don't want him to leave thinking that he doesn't mean anything to me.

Pulling back, I hold his face in my hands and rest my forehead against his.

"Come back to me, Alec." I stare into his eyes, "I will be waiting for you." I brush my lips against his lips. His hot breath tingles my lips, raising goosebumps all over my skin.

"I want both of you back." I swallow as tears roll down my cheeks, which I was trying so hard to hold back, "I want to watch you and Liam, both, coming out of that building... coming back to me."

"Go and bring our son." I caress his face, "But also bring yourself back to me."

"I will always come back to you, Firefly, because there is nowhere else I'd ever want to be." He softly smiles, as he wipes my tears with the pad of his thumb.

***********************************************************

Thank you for reading.