Chapter: 133

Going back to the front door, I jiggle the lock as hard as I can but it didn't budge. Without wasting any time, I go back to the side of the house where I have left the body.

Taking a deep breath, I start patting down the body without glancing at his face because it makes me want to puke and also punch his face. I empty his pockets to search for keys, but there are none.

There is no time for me to go back, and call someone. Because one I am not sure Alec has returned, and two the entire house is covered in gasoline and if Liam is inside I can't risk leaving this place as someone else might come to finish the job.

"Calm down..." I say to myself as I again walk back to the front of the house.

"Liam..." I whisper-yell, hoping only Liam will be able to hear my voice. "Liam, baby, are you in there?"

I walk around the house calling Liam's name.

Suddenly, a thought comes to my mind as I hurry back to the other side of the house because that is the only place from where there is a clear view of the opposite wall on which the poster is.

"Liam..." This time I call him in a slightly louder voice because my heart is telling me he is here only.

"Liam!" I call again as my heart is hammering against my ribcage in anticipation.

Raking my hand in my sweat covered hair, I glance around as I take my phone to call Alec or anyone. But I don't find the network on the phone which makes me curse loudly.

"Liam!" I call again while holding my breath to hear his voice.

"Mommy!" I nearly cry in relief, when I hear his weak voice.

"Baby, I am here... Don't worry," I say while quickly searching for him with newfound energy.

"Down, mommy." I again hear his voice this time it a bit louder, "I can see your legs, I am here down here."

"Look down!" He yells at the same time, my eyes land on the basement window, nearly obstruct with dried bushes.

"Are you in the basement?" I crouch down in front of the window and use my mobile flashlight to look inside.

"Liam..." I release a sigh of relief when I see him.

"Don't worry, I have got you." I swallow my tears which are threatening to escape.

Grabbing the bushes, I roughly pluck them out so that I can easily get to the window. My palms are scratched but this doesn't stop me... nothing can stop me now from reaching to my Liam.

I try to open the window as soon as I clear the bushes, but it is locked from inside.

"Move back from the window, cover your face, and don't look in this direction," I instruct Liam.

I peek inside the window to make sure Liam is at a far distance from the window.

"Okay, good," I say to him, "Mommy, will break the window so don't come near the window until I say, okay?"

"Okay." I hear his muffled reply as he has already covered his face.

I release a quick breath as I sit on the ground, placing the gun on my side, I lean back on my palms as I kick the window glass.

It rattles, but it doesn't break. Again I kick as hard as I can, I keep kicking it until it breaks and my leg passes through glass.

I suck in a breath when the glass shards cut my leg. However, not wanting to waste any moment, I stick my hand inside and unlatch the window and open it.