Chapter: 68

My lips keep on tilting upward when we are checking out of the motel.

Jerry's, the manager, mouth hangs open when Alec pays him the double amount.

Alec is using cash and I don't know why.

"I hope you had a comfortable stay with us." Jerry grins at us, as his eyes drift from Alec to me.

"Your bed was not sturdy enough to handle us, that's why we could not properly sleep together." Wrapping an arm around Alec's arm, I give Jerry a sweet smile.

"Right, honey?" I innocently look at Alec, who is in return looking at me with slightly raised eyebrows.

"Even the air conditioning was not working properly." I make a face, "It's so hot." I fan my face.

"But then it is not entirely the air conditioner's fault." I let out a cheery laugh, "It is always so hot when you are around." I give a fake dreamy look to Alec.

"We are getting late." Alec gives me a pointed look, "I think we should get going, honey."

The look which Alec is giving me clearly tells he is not enjoying this at all.

He does not like attention on him, this is what I have figured, even though his whole personality draws attention without even doing anything.

Before I can have some more fun, Alec drags me outside the reception.

"Honey, what is the hurry?" I still continue my act as Alec opens the passenger door and nudges me inside the car.

"What happened?" I fake pout, as Alec sits in the driver's seat, "I thought after our morning action you will be in a happy mood, but all you have is this surly look on your face."

"Honey?" I suppress my smile and run my fingers on the side of his face, "Why are you not talking to me, honey?"

I notice Alec's lips twitch once giving a glimpse of his betraying smile, but he quickly masks his expression with his stoic look.

"Oh, so we are playing straight face- straight face? I slowly nod my head, already planning to break his stoic expression.

"So you will still keep sitting like this if I do this?" I smirk, as I move my fingers down his neck towards his arm.

The slight twitch in his arm muscles encourages me that I am just doing right.

"So you will even not react if I will do this?" Unbuckling my seat belt, I twist my body in the seat as I caress his jawline with my hand then leaning forward I place a small kiss on his jaw.

And nearly laugh when his Adam's apple moves up and down, as he swallows.

"Playing tough?" I run my nose along the side of his face, with a small victorious smile on my face as he slowly turns his face to me.

"I do not play games, Firefly." He looks straight into my eyes with an intensity that makes me forget my this stupid game. "This is not a game."

There is something behind his words that changes the entire mood of the car, from playful to a serious one.

Leaning back in my seat, now I try to decipher the meaning of his words.

"If I do this?" He holds my hand and kisses each of my knuckles, "I mean it." Running his thumb on the back on my hand, he again kisses my hand.

My eyebrows shoot up in surprise, waiting for him to laugh or smile but he does not.