Chapter: 80

Alec's POV

I don't even realize when night has turned into day, as the whole night my mind was occupied with the thoughts of one person... a person whom I have lost.

Who is Liam's father?

Why did he leave her and his son?

Why does no one know about him?

Did something happen with her?

The thought of something bad happening with her makes my stomach churn, even thinking about someone had laid a hand on her makes my blood boil with anger.

I have to find the truth.

After taking a shower, I change into jeans and a blue v-neck t-shirt. Raking my fingers through my slightly damp hair, I make my way towards the main dining hall of the hotel, where breakfast will be served.

I feel disappointed when I don't find Avery there, but it wouldn't be a surprise if as she is not very social in the morning. Whenever she wakes up she is in her no-human interaction zone.

A small smile tilts my lips as I remember how I used to stare at her when she used to be lost in her own morning thoughts.

Taking a seat beside, Jake who is looking like he wants to kill someone.

"It would be a miracle if my wedding goes without me killing anyone." He grits his teeth as he stares at his cousins on the opposite side of the table.

"What happened?" I ask as I pile my plate with some mixed fruit salad.

Jake half-cousins are some of the most annoying people I have ever come across. So, no wonder that Jake is pissed off by them.

"These bunch of fuckers, are continuously flirting with every female whom they can find." Jake stabs a fork in scrambled eggs, his gaze fixed on his four cousins, "That shitface." He points to the taller one, "He even suggested Kris, to dump me and marry him instead."

"What did Kris said?" I ask looking at that fake blonde.

"Oh, nothing." He laughs, "She just showed him a finger."

"That's so Kris," I lightly chuckle, along with him.

Kristan is the one who never hesitates to show her dislike. Her actions are enough to let the other person knows what is going on in her mind.

"Sorry, we are late." Kris apologizes with a non-apologetic tone and kisses his cheek, then she takes the other seat opposite Jake.

"What took you so long?" Jake asks while filling her glass with orange juice.

"This guy just wanted to lie down for a little longer." She helps Liam on the chair, "How can you say no to this cute face?" She pinches his cheek.

"But this cute face doesn't work on mommy," he innocently says as he points towards his face, making everyone laugh, but me. As I clearly remember this is not the first time I have heard these words.

"Yeah, because we Andersons are resistant to their children's innocence." Avery arches her eyebrow at Liam, as she comes and sits beside him, "And you can't fool me with this innocent face of yours."

She is wearing a cotton shirt and jeans, and her hair tied up in a messy bun, giving her usual I-don't-care vibe.

"Mommy, the sad puppy face?" Liam asks and makes a sad puppy face.

It makes me think how can she say no to this face? Because I would give anything he has asked if he ever looks at me with this face.

"Nuh-uh" She shakes her head once, as she makes a plate for Liam.