Chapter: 34

I wake up to find myself in my living room, and Alec nowhere in sight. I guess he has left when I fell asleep, I look around the room in surprise to find it clean and tidy.

Covering my mouth with my hand, while yawning I stretch myself. Then sprawling like a starfish, I simply stare at the ceiling while wondering why do we even have to wake up in the morning, I mean sleeping is so much fun and relaxing. I can sleep for hours and hours without even complaining. Soon thoughts about waking up turn into questioning the existence of some people, and then why do I have to be nice to everyone when all I want is to choke them. I feel so damn irritated in the morning just thinking about the number of idiotic people, I may cross later in the day.

Life is cruel, but mornings are cruelest.

Dragging my feet to the kitchen, I take out milk from the fridge and pour it in a glass and keep it in the microwave to warm a little, as I love slightly warm milk. Then I notice even the kitchen is cleaned, there are no dirty dishes in the sink. 

"Is he real?" My mouth slightly ajars in shock, but I am thoroughly touched by Alec's kindness.

He has not only cleaned the living room, but he has also washed the dishes even though he didn't has to, as it would have been difficult for me to do it. 

I will gift him something as a thank you. 

Later in the day, I ask Mason to collect my mobile from the repair shop which I have given to repair before coming to the garage. After sending a few emails to some colleges, I lean back in my chair which makes a squeaky sound in protest.

Today is a really slow day, there is nothing much to do. Everyone is doing their work fine, without even telling them what to do. That means I can't order anyone because they are already working efficiently.

I don't know anything much about car mechanics other than basic, but still, I keep an eye on everything which goes around the garage. 

"Here, your mobile is as good as new." Mason strolls inside the office and places my mobile on the table.

"Thanks." I smile then unlocking the mobile and randomly goes through it, just checking whether everything is working perfectly.

"There is not much work today, so should we let everyone go early today?" Mason asks while taking a seat.

"Yeah, but just test drive the cars which are repaired today and needed to be delivered by tomorrow." I glance at him from my mobile, "Then we can close the garage."

"Okay, boss." He laughs and walks outside the office.

As soon as he left, I call Alec after closing the office door. Within two rings he accepts the call.

"Thank you," I say even before letting him say anything.

"For what?"

"For your help. Because I don't think there is a ghost living in my house who has cleaned the living room and the kitchen while I was sleeping." I grin.

"Freinds help each other, it is not a big deal." He brushes off and I can almost picture him shrugging.

"You are not at home." He states, "Why are you at the garage? And the most important question did you drive your car to the garage?" He asks. 

Of course, even after closing the door, this man can hear all the noises coming from the work station.

"I got a lift from a...um..." I think for the right word, "Yeah, a friend. I got a lift from a friend."