Chapter: 116

After a very long time, my heart says everything will be alright. For so long I was trying to fight my feelings, but now I have realized we both need each other.

I am not sure about love, but everything in me says that he means so much to me and no one can ever take his place in my life.

It will not be easy for me to trust him like I used to do earlier which is natural, but I am willing to try. The fear will always linger in my heart because once you are hurt, the fear of being hurt again always remains inside you.

But maybe it is time that I should truly move on and don't let my fear stop me.

Maybe during this journey, I will learn to love again...learn to love him again.

"Mom, when are we going to meet dad?" Liam asks me, diverting my attention from changing my car's tire to him.

"After I finish changing the tire." I point at the spare tire.

"I can't wait to meet him." He pouts.

"Well, we would have already been with him, if you did not have punctured the tire with the screwdriver." I arch my eyebrow at my innocent-looking boy, who is far from innocent.

Sometimes, I don't understand how his mind works. I mean why in the world someone would damage their own car? Moreover, how can he puncture a tire with a screwdriver?

"I was trying to remove the pebbles from the tire..." he mumbles looking down, "I didn't know it will get punctured."

"Now, instead of standing there, help me with changing the tire." I smile at him, hating his upset face. "Then later teach me how to puncture tire with a screwdriver, so that we can puncture your dad's car, okay?"

"Okay." He nods, grinning mischievously.

Alec, be ready to pay for thrashing my car years ago.

***************************************************************************************

Alec wanted Liam to join kickboxing classes which they offer in Battleground and asked me to bring Liam to the classes so he can introduce him to the instructor.

Officially his classes will not start from today, however, they want to get an idea where he stands, and then according to that, they will start training him.

Alec would have picked Liam himself, but he had some meetings to attend that's why he has asked me to bring him. Even if he would not have said I would have gone with Liam because I am not fine with leaving him alone.

Even earlier I used to attend all his classes because with the number of child abuse incidents I am never comfortable leaving him anywhere. I know I don't have to worry about any such thing here, but I can't help it because the mother's heart can't stop worrying about her child's safety.

"Liam, don't punch someone's weenie, okay?" I tell Liam for the hundredth time, as I park the car nearest to the entrance.

Since it is afternoon, so only a few cars have been parked in the parking lot as normally this time only practice and classes are being held at the Battleground.

"Okay." He nods his head, but I know he will forget this as soon as he will get annoyed with someone.

"Dad." Liam points at Alec who is talking to someone when we walk towards the gym area.

Clasping Liam's hand tightly in mine, I wait for my nerves to calm down as anxious feeling bubbles inside my chest as soon as I see him.

I have to talk to Alec, to let him know I am ready to give us a chance. I don't know what the outcome will be, but in the future, I don't want to look back and regret why I haven't given us another chance.

Always Together✔️On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara