Chapter: 27

Walking off the dance floor I start making my way towards our booth, but Alec stops me by holding my wrist. 

"Let's get out of here," he motions his head towards the exist.

"No, I can't leave I came with Lincoln and it would not be right," I shake my head.

"That loser might be enjoying here, somewhere. You don't have to stay here for him," he sounds annoyed.

Why is annoyed with Lincoln?

"And what about Jake and Kris?" I arch my eyebrow.

"Leave them a text that you are leaving," he shrugs and starts walking towards the exit while pulling me along.

"What is with you today? Why are you behaving so weirdly?" I ask him, but I follow him outside.

"I just missed talking to you. So, now I want to be with you, is that such a big deal?" he frowns.

"Stop your drama," I shake my head at his strange behavior, "And lead the way."

He smiles looking pleased that I am coming with him as he walks towards his car. Opening the passenger door for me and he jogs around the car and slips into the driving seat and soon he pulls the car outside the parking area. I send a quick text to Kris informing that I have called the taxi and I am leaving.

 "Where are we going?" I ask as I lean back in my seat.

"I don't know," he purses his lip, "Just wanted to get away from there."

"If you hate being at the club, why were you there in the first place?" 

"One of the guys from my club invited me, as it was his first time as DJ there," he answers as his eyes move between the rearview mirror and the wing mirror.

He must be Jake's friend from the club.

"Fuck," Alec suddenly curses loudly making me jump in my seat.

His face hardened while his eyes are focused on the rearview mirror.

"What happened?" I ask as I look into the wing mirror.

"Somebody is following us," he says calmly, but his annoyance is visible the way his jaw his ticking.

Sure enough, I see a black SUV hot on our trail.

"I am sorry, I should not have dragged you like this," he runs his finger through his hair and slightly pulls them in frustration, "This is why I wanted to keep our friendship hidden, I didn't want to pull you into this mess," he says more to himself than me.

"We will talk about this later, but first relax and focus on losing them," I say calmly, and honestly I am not worried in the slightest.

"Don't worry, I will not let you get hurt," he looks at me as he maneuvers from one lane to another in quick motions.

"I am not worried at all," I shake my head, "In fact, I am looking forward to this adventure," I smile at him reassuringly.

He shakes his head at me, then curses when he notices the black SUV gaining speed.

"Hold on tight," he warns me quickly shifting the gear and pressing the gas, making the car fly forward. Thankfully, the traffic is light on the road.

He leans to my side keeping his eyes on the road ahead and opens the glove compartment retrieving a gun from it. He catches my eyes as guilt flashes through his features momentarily. 

"I won't shoot until it is not necessary," he gives me a sideways glance.

I hardly pay attention to what he is saying as my mind is going through all the possibilities of how to get rid of them.