Half an hour later, we have arrived at the location as my heart feel it will burst with pain at any moment. With each step, the weight on my chest increases making it difficult for me to breathe.

Alec's hand in mine is only providing me temporary comfort. His grip on my hand speaks even his condition is also not very different from mine.

Another officer guides us to the small body zipped in a plastic body bag.

Alec holds me tightly against his side, then only I realize my whole body is shaking while my eyes are glue at the body.

Alec nods his head at the officer as he unzips the bag allowing us to see the face.

"He is not our son." Alec's voice rings in my ear while my eyes are still fixed at the face of the innocent child whose life has been mercilessly snatched from him.

"Thank God." Another officer, standing beside us, exclaims making me look at him in disbelief.

"Are not you relieved?" He asks when he notices my expression.

"How can I be relieved?" I question him, "If he is not my son, that doesn't mean he's not anybody else's son. What I have gone through in the last half an hour, his parents will have to spend their entire life with that same pain. How can I feel relieved?"

"Maybe if you find who has killed him and give him the same pain which this child has suffered, then I will feel relieved. Because at least I will know he has met his fate." I walk away from there back towards the car.

Leaning against the car, I close my eyes wrapping my arms around me.

The moments which I have lived in this past half hour, I have died a million times in them. No parent should ever experience the pain of losing their child, or worst living in the constant fear that any moment might be the last moment of your child's life.

"He will be alright... He will be fine." I chant to myself, trying to stop myself from breaking down.

A moment later Alec tightly holds me against himself. And God knows, at this moment nothing is comforting me when I know my child is somewhere away from me... scared and alone.

"I will find him, I promise," He whispers, "We will get our son back."

"And John will get what he has asked for." His tone darkens as his words hold a promise.

**********************************************************

"John was one of our trusted members, a friend, I still can't understand why would he do something like this?" Marshall clasps his hands in front of him, as he clenches his jaw, the pain of being betrayed by someone who you trust is painted across his face.

We have returned back to the house and now trying to find anything that will help us in finding Liam.

"The only person who knows the answer to this is John, himself," Another man named, Kevin, says.

"The man whom Avery..." Finn looks at me seeming uncomfortable to say the word which I already know.

"Killed," I say in a monotonous tone, "The man whom I have killed." I am not even feeling a slight regret that I have taken someone's life.

Alec's eyes snap to me, as he whispers, "Avery?"

"Because of him, they were able to take my son from in front of my eyes," I say stoically, "He deserved to die, just like everyone else who dare to come after my family."

"What about that man?" Kevin brings attention back to Finn.

"He was John's bodyguard." Finn informs, "This confirms our doubt that John is the one who is behind Liam's kidnapping."

"There is a video call for you." Another guy rushes inside the room and informs Alec.

Instantly, we all are on our feet as we follow Alec inside.

I see the face of an unknown man on the laptop screen, already knowing this is the same bastard who has my son.

"Your boy is a replica of you, Alec, whenever I see him he reminds me of you." He smiles, but there is no warmth in his smile, "Too bad he has to pay the price of being your son." He clanks his tongue.

"Cut the crap, John." I glare at him, "I want to see my son right now." I demand.

"Avery, Alec's little whore." He smirks, "You are brave and smart, maybe I should have brought you with your son for myself."

"John." Alec's icy tone speaks volumes, as fury radiates from his entire body.

I know John is trying to get under our skin, but I am not going to give him this satisfaction.

I slip my hand in Alec's and give a slight squeeze trying to calm him.

"I want to see my son." I slowly enunciate each of my words while from my peripheral vision I can see Finn trying to trace the location.

"Don't you think you are not in a position to demand?" He raises his eyebrows in amusement.

"Listen here, you motherfucker. Obviously there is something you want from us, which is really important for you, that forced you to take such a huge step like kidnapping our son... so that makes us equal because if you have our son then even we have something that you desperately want." I arch my eyebrow, "So, now it is in your best interest to do as I say because you are not in a position to blackmail us."

"Now, if you have done trying to play with us, I want to see my son." I curtly nod my head as he clenches his jaws.

"I will cut your son into pieces." He glares, angrily, confirming my assumption that there is indeed something which he wants from us.

He turns his head away from the camera and says something to someone.

I quickly release my breath which I was holding, my grip on Alec's hand tighten because from inside I am shaking, not knowing what to expect.

"Liam, my baby," I say softly the moment Liam's tears stricken face comes in front of the screen.

"Mommy." He cries as soon as he sees my face, "I don't like it here, I want to come home."

"Shhh... mom and dad will get you home soon." I smile at him, even though my composure is breaking seeing him cry.

"You are our brave son, right?" I ask as he nods, "We will soon bring you back home."

"I love you, baby." I hastily wipe the tear which slips from my eye, "Stay strong for mommy, okay."

"I love you, too." He sniffles, "And I love you, dad."

I notice Alec's whole body is tensed while his eyes are fixed on Liam.

"Liam, I promise, I will get you home soon," Alec speaks for the first time, "I am proud of you and love you." His words laced with pride whereas his eyes displaying affection for his son.

A silent conversation passes through them as they just look at each other.

***********************************************************

Thank you for reading.