Chapter 13

(Y/n) and her friends pov-

"Yeah, I've heard of that legend" Angelo says as he stares at the forest that is behind the backyard.

"And the disappearance that have happened over the recent years" Jessica says looking down.

"That reminds me, have you guys heard from Jake, his parents haven't seen or heard from him since last week. They suspect that he went somewhere." Betsy asks very concerned.

"Or he might have disappeared like the other kids that come up on the news" Manny says.

"We don't know that for sure!" Betsy exclaimed with concern.

While the friends were discussing about the disappearance and murders that have been happening in this town.

(Y/n) ha been looking out the window, watching her caretakers. They seemed to be having a meeting, She had her suspicions now.

'𝐂𝐚𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐰?'

'Not sure, Liam sometime tells people by accident or not. Angelo will sometimes forget that he's spilling the secret out', (Y/n) had looked over to see her friends chatting and laughing.

"Hey guys" all of their attention turned to the (e/c) eye girl.

"Promise me, you'll keep this a secret, no one can figure it ok" they all nodded.

Little did they know, that one of them was a traitor. Holding a small voice recorder box.

Undercover babysitters pov-

"So, what should we do, about those pesky nuisances" Clockwork/Natalie asked.

"Slenderman says that we bring them with us, if they refuse or try any harm. We eliminate them." Toby/Ticci Toby says with a dark tone.

"But like, who would try to refuse, personally I think that Betsy girl wouldn't" BEN Drowned/ Ben says.

"Your quite mistaken there pal, even though she looks adorable. She's pretty feisty and will kick anyone's ass." Jeff The Killer/Jeff tells them.

"How'd you know" Eyeless Jack/ Jack asks him.

"You guys assigned me to watch them while they're at school" Jeff says irritated.

"Oh, right" Jack remembers the time they assigned Jeff to watch them when they're at school.

The backdoor open, revealing the kids who were just outside. They were chatting while they were entering the house. Everyone had stopped talking ince they entered the house.

The caretakers went silent in case someone had heard their conversation that happened a few moments ago.

Third person pov-

"So, who wants to eat" Brian had broken the silence and headed over to the kitchen to serve them Chicken Udon Soup along with white rice, accompanied with wings.

(Y/n) had made the suggestion to cook up some udon soup along with the rice. Toby wanted to ordered some wings. Brian made the soup, (Y/n) had helped made the rice, and Toby ordered some wings while the kids were outside.

(Y/n) and her friends went to eat at the bar stool table with a marble counter. The stool chairs was a dark brown wood color.

Meanwhile, the adults/teens sat and enjoyed their meal at the table. At times they would take a glance at the children who enjoyed their meal while laughing at some jokes.

"This is really good, thank you for making this Brian" Betsy gives a compliment to Brian who was a bit shocked from it.

"U-um, your welcome" He stammered.

Nathan's pov-

They now seem to have a conversation in a whisper now. Most adults I know would talk loud when they're in a group at a party. They wouldn't talk in a low whisper.

Right now, I'm starting to suspect that Jake's disappearance has a dark reasoning. He would sometimes make fun of us at random time, mostly at (Y/n). He seemed to have been joking around with us, but not with her. Since her response to the was mostly a punch to the stomach or kick in the nose.

Isabel has been getting on my nerves lately. She knows I like (Y/n), but tries to take me away from her. With the constant semi flirting, the asking to hangout with her and her friends, always being around me, and hanging out with us. She really needs to calm down.

It's seems she had taken effect on two of my closest friends. Samantha and Liam. Sammy had always told us that she would protect our secrets no matter what. Liam use to be very talkative and would be cracking up jokes.

Now both of them seem to really change. Sam would be sometimes harsh around us, nearly tried to knock out Manny since he somehow annoyed her. A few days ago I heard her spilling some secrets to Sophie who had an evil grin on her face.

Liam acts more distant now, making some of his jokes as insults to us. He gets very irritated when (Y/n) makes a musical reference. It has been going on since The Three Jerks have decided to show up.

Betsy's pov-

I glanced to where the adults were sitting. I always thought they looked like teens, like the Toby and Jeff person.
When I looked back, Jack and I had stared at each. He seemed to have been staring at us for quite some time.

I found very creepy and uncomfortable. Looking back at my food and eating.

Something wasn't right about those people. Why would her parents hire some people, when (Y/n) was much older to be by herself. Then an idea came to my head.

During our treehouse meeting, (Y/n) brought up about the wanted posters and files in her parents bedroom. And how the suspects resemble them. What if they're using a disguise to gain her trust and will end up kidnapping her.

Not unless we protect her.

I tapped on the table trying to signal her attention using more code. A few seconds later, I had gotten her attention. I explained to her about my theory and she seemed to agree.

"What the hell are you guys even doing" ask Manny who look genuinely confused as the others.

"Morse code" whispered (Y/n), who was trying not to get the others attention.

It seemed to work.

Now all we got to do is explained to them my theory.