38-Saara

Everything aches in that pleasant way it does when you know you've been well and truly ravished. My thighs, shoulders, back, breasts, arms and ofcourse intimates. Everything is tender or strained.
I awaken in Atif's bed alone. Oh god. Im another one of his women. I sink lower under the duvet and try to discard the thought, knowing it will only serve to irritate me further.
From this angle i can't see the art work behind me. What i can see is the full length mirror on the other side of the room. Gosh. Images from last night flash before me. I must have looked at it during our love making last night because i remember seeing Atif's naked body in it, lying on top of me, his full shoulders dipping and rising, muscles rippling down his back and the curve of his toned backside like a piston. All that masculine power. Even the image of my tiny hands at his waist seemed to emphasise his superior physical power. The image had made me climax, tipped me over the edge.
I cover my head in the duvet. Half embarrassed at my own shameless behaviour. Maybe i am a little kinky.
I pull on pajamas and make my way down stairs. I can smell eggs and toast from the kitchen. Atif is sat at the counter whilst a chef prepares our breakfast. If the cook is suprised to see me, he is too much of a professional to show it. Atif smiles and lifts a jug to pour me some orange juice as i sit down.
'This is uncle mansoor. He comes to cook for me, tell him if you want anything specific for lunch or dinner. Uncle this is my wife Ayla.'
The cook meets my gaze for the first time. He looks suprised and his eyes light up. He rushes around the worktop and half embraces and half shakes Atif's hand. Then patting him on the back. He puts his hand on his chest and tilts his head in a slight bow of respect to me.
Atif's dressed for work. His shirt is stretched over his back and shoulders, tapered at the waist, pale pink tie and tapered trousers. He wears his suit well i notice. He tells me he will be home at 7pm and I nod, barely recognising my own self. Is that disappointment?
'I have a few appointments which i can't clear I'm afraid.' He says turning to me and looking genuinely sorry. He strokes my hair away from my face 'I'll be back as soon as I can. If there's anything you need let Mohsin know. Zain'll get it for you."
'Thankyou' i say eventhough i know i wont need anything and dig into my omelette.

An hour late i go into the gym. Still in my pajamas. There are full length mirrors along one wall and 6 or 7 different machines. But the thing that catches my eye immediately is the barre running along the mirrored wall. I run back upstairs to the dressing room and haphazardly pull out the bags from under the stool. Leggings, im sure there were a set of leggings in here.
A few minutes later i enter the gym again. This time in leggings and one of Atif's t-shirts knotted at the waist.
I start with some warm ups. Using some resistance bands on my feet to stretch and pointing my toes, then i rotate my toes to the side and continue with the resistance work. I follow this with pointe stretch, bending my foot forwards till my toes curl under my foot. The stretch feel nice and i can feel the muscles lengthening. I follow this with a hamstring stretch. Folding forward and holding my toes twisting my foot one way then another, before moving onto the other leg. I bring my feet together in a froggy position and lift one leg at a time, stretching the inside of my thighs. Then i stand. I begin with some back and side stretches holding onto the barre lightly. Then move onto some pointe work. The socks help my feet glide across the floor smoothly. I add some leg swishes opening the hips gradually making them bigger. I lift and rest my leg on the barre stretching it as i lean in to fold my chest forward to meet my thigh and then slowly rotate my leg upwards until i an able to finally lift it up above and behind my head. I lean back and hold my calf. I can't believe i can still do this, after so many years. I bend and straighten my leg at the knee. I slide onto the floor and begin some back work. In cobra pose, I open the chest and neck, stretching backwards, holding the pose till i feel the release. I move into more barre work, with plies and tendus before I lie back on the floor.
What were the chances of finding a barre in anyone's house, what a pleasant surprise. If i had some ballet slippers i could dance even and do more. But I'm not going to dwell on that now, it feels too good- to think about this as an unexpected surprise. I want to appreciate the moment and not ruin it with 'what ifs'
I make my way upstairs sweaty and languid. I shower before collapsing back into bed. Thankful for small mercies.
Perhaps, things might be ok. I'm 100% sure Atif couldn't have known i studied ballet for years and yet he has a barre in his gym. I sigh and wonder what else fate has in store for me.