chapter 19

Ava

"Never, he is mine and always be mine forever," She said and I can't believe that this woman right here is trying so hard to take what's mine and if she thinks it will be easy, try me. "I want to let you know that Edward never likes a brown hair girl like you. His taste is always blond and also a woman who fits his level, as a billionaire. I think I am the only one who fits all that," She said flipping her blond hair arrogantly.

"Okay..." I said and she looks mad at my reaction. The moment she wants to open her mouth to say something again, Brenda finally comes back.

"So, what you guys are talking about?" She asks.

"I try to make a conversation with Ava but it looks like she didn't like me, she keeps ignoring me like I'm not here," She said with a fake sad tone. Wow, she really wants to make Brenda hates me.

"Awe, Ava is that true? I mean, you don't need to hate her just because she is Edward's ex because what's important now is he likes you, that's all matter," Brenda said and look at me. How come she just believes what Piper said?

"I-"

"Brenda, I heard there's a new handbag just launch yesterday and I wonder if you want to go with me and we can go shopping too," Piper change the subject and looks like she success to get Brenda's attention. She loves shopping and of course, she will be happy to hear something like that. They keep talking and I feel like I am a third-wheeling right here. So, I decided to do what's best. I stand up and told Brenda that I will get going now and she just give me a brief hug and continue to talk with Piper again. I walk out of the house and driving home.

After I arrive at the house, my parents are not home and Nick also not here. I guess they're all out for dinner or something. I lost my appetite since the talk with Piper and go to my room. Then, my phone ringing. It's Edward who's calling. "Hey," I said after picking it up.

"I thought we're going dinner together tonight?" He asks.

"I'm sorry but I think we need to postpone it. Maybe tomorrow?"

"Are you okay? Are you still mad?"

"No, I actually went to your mom's house and Piper was there..." I said.

"Do you want me to come over and stay with you?"

"It's fine, I just going to sleep now, I'm tired. I will see you tomorrow, goodnight Edward," I said and end the call. I feel bad to talk to him like that but I just need some time for myself to think about all this. I don't want anything to happen to our relationship.

The next day

"Hey, Suzy, how are you today?" I greet her after I sit at my chair.

"Hello, beautiful," She replies and I can see she looks so happy about something.

"You look different today, look more happy than usual, what happened?" I ask.

"Okay, I'm going to share with you but promise me don't freak out, okay?" She said and I give her a nod, "I am... pregnant," She said and I am so shocked. I almost scream but I quickly cover my mouth with my hands.

"Oh my god, Congratulations! I can't believe this, this is so exciting, did you tell your husband yet?"

"Not yet, I will surprise him tonight and I am super excited about it," She said and I give her a hug. That is so exciting. I mean looks at her, living her best life and now a new addition to her family. It must be a great feeling.

After work, I decided to stop at the park near my house for a while to get some fresh air. I texted Edward that I will be here and he said he will come here too. I walk near the lake and it feels like I can live here forever. I want to live in peace like this but I know it won't going to happen since I chose my life to be like this. "Ava?" I turn around to see who it is. "Is that you?" He asks again and comes closer to me.

"Matthew? What are you doing here?" Matthew is my friend back in college. Well, I'm the only one who thinks like that while him, he has a crush on me but I don't want to be in a relationship with him because I am comfortable with him as a friend.

"Ava, it's been a while," He said and hug me. "I miss you, how you been?"

"I'm good, you?"

"I can't feel any better after I meet you here, do you know I try to reach you but failed. I thought I never get to see you again but I guess I'm wrong. You're here, standing in front of me looking so beautiful like always," He said.

"Well, thank you. I think I'm going now, It's nice to meet you again, Matthew," I said and try to walk past him but he grab my wrist and what he did next is shocked me.

He kisses me!

I struggle to get out from his grip but he just tightens his hand that wraps on my waist and pulls me closer to him. I punch him on the chest but he acts like it didn't effect at all. I am getting tired of fighting and his lips are moving on mine. I don't know what to do now.

"Ava Blair!"

________________________________________________________________________________

Give it a vote and leave a comment too. Thanks!