chapter 2

Ava

I wake up this morning with a massive headache. I and Sasha drank too much last night and I can say that we had so much fun last night. "Hey sis, mom said that you might need this." My younger brother, Nick Blair said handing me a bowl of soup. 

"Thanks," I accept the bowl and immediately drink the soup. My mom knows how to cook Korean food because she loves to watch Korean drama and that's why she decided to learn how to cook Korea food. I never complain about it because Korean food is delicious. "This is so refreshing," I mumble to myself. After I finish my soup, I put the empty bowl on my nightstand and walk to the bathroom to talk a shower. I feel so stink and my face looks terrible. 

It takes one hour until I finished the shower. I finally feel fresh and fully awake. Just then, my phone ringing. "Hello, Sasha," I answer.

"Ugh I hate hangover, how are you feeling?" She complains.

"I feel better than when I just woke up because my mom made me a fresh soup. You should drink water at least. Go take a shower, you will feel much better after that." I said.

"I will but not now. I'm calling you because I want to tell you that I have to go to Mexico the day after tomorrow. My mom just told me earlier."

"Mexico? Why?"

"I have to go and visit my grandparents, of course. What else should I do in Mexico." 

"For how long? You know we're going to start our intern in two weeks right?" 

"Yup, I know but I think I will stay in Mexico a bit longer because I have to take care of my grandma, she's sick and my mom thought it will be okay if I stay there for a while. Maybe I will just start intern here." She said and I sigh. It's mean that I have to go to work all alone without any friends. It will be super boring and that's not good.

"I thought we will go to intern at the same place but it's fine then. I think it will be best if there's someone who can look after your grandparents. You take care of yourself and you know I'm going to miss you so much, Sasha." 

"Don't say like we're not going to meet today. You will pick you up and we will hang out together, of course. I'm not going to Mexico without spending time with you duh." I chuckle.

"Fine, I will go get ready and I'll be there in 30 minutes," I said.

"Sounds good. see you later, I will hang up now. Bye." With that, the call ended. I pick my white crop top and wear it with black leggings. I straighten my hair and turn into a ponytail then apply some makeup to make my face more presentable. 

"All done," I said and look at myself in the mirror. I take my sling bag and put all the stuff that I might need it later, like lipstick, powder, money, etc. I choose to wear sneakers which is perfect with my outfit. I left the room and go downstairs to see my mom is watching Korean drama in the living room. "Hey, mom, I'm going out with Sasha." 

"How are you feeling? It is better?" She asks.

"Yup, I feel so much better now, thank you for your delicious soup. Oh, I have to get going now. I'll see you tonight, mom. Bye," I walk to the door and left the house.

*****

"So, where are we going now?" Sasha asks. "I don't want to stay in the car for the whole day," I keep driving without stopping because I don't know where to go and I have no idea what we want to do. It's been an hour that I've been driving and searching for the place that we can hang out.

"I know me too. I don't want to keep driving for the whole day too. I'm tired already." I said.

"Then, let's go eat first. At least we can just window shopping or whatever there."

"Alright, I think that's the best." I stop at the nearest restaurant and get out from the car. "I didn't realize that I'm hungry until now, let's go," I said and we walk together. We sit at the empty table and the waiter comes right away after we sit. After we order, the waiter walks away and I can say the waiter is quite charming with his smiles and his voice. 

"I know what you think Ava," Sasha said and look at me.

"What?"

"Come on, I know you thinking about how charming he is, right?"

"Nonsense, I am not thinking about how charming he is or whatever. It just he's quite cute and he got dimples on both of his cheeks. Isn't it cute? I mean like, when a guy has dimples, they automatically become cute." I say.

"So, you think he's cute then,"

"I'm not well maybe but ugh whatever." Sasha chuckles and then our food finally arrives. "Thanks," I said to the waiter and he smiles back at me then walk away. I suddenly feel my face heat after he smiles at me. Oh my god, what is this? I think I act like this because I never had a boyfriend and I think mom's right, I have to find one so that I'm not going to be like this whenever I meet with charming guys.

******

So, after we eat at that restaurant, we went to the mall that only five minutes away from the restaurant. At first, I and Sasha only wanted to window shopping but the plans didn't go as we want. In the end, we ended up buying lots of clothes and even shoes but at least I don't have to shop alone to find clothes for my intern that will start in two weeks. "I'm going to miss you, my best friend. Don't ever try to forget me here and also call me at least three times a week. I will be waiting for you and text me too. Take care when you there because I'm not there to take care of you. Don't skip your meal and don't work too much." I said to her.

"You sounds like my mom, Ava. I know and I will take care of myself there and you too, take care here. Don't fall for a guy too easily. Behave yourself and don't be too clumsy. You need to fix that and manage your temper. I will miss you so much, Ava." She said and hugs me. I don't have many friends because no one can stand with my attitude and my clumsiness. Only Sasha understands all of it. I will miss my bestie so much.

_______________________________________________________________________________

don't forget to

vote

comment

share

******

Hyemmong