Chapter 9

Ava

I can't believe this. I am actually in Baldwin's house. This is his family. Why I didn't ask about Brenda's last name?

I close my eyes hoping this is all just my imagination but of course it's not. Here he is, Edward Baldwin is looking at me intensely. I give him a small smile and then he walks to sit next to his brother. "Ava, this is my oldest brother, Edward, and Edward this is Ava. Mom invites her for dinner because she helped mom earlier," Serena said and I feel like I want to run away from here and never want to meet him again. I know I didn't do anything wrong with him, but the fact that he is the boss of the company that I've been working on now is weird. I know he might feel the same too.

After a few minutes, the dinner ready and Brenda calls all of us to go to the dining room. I lost my appetite already. I just want to go home now and hide in my blanket. Brenda makes me sit next to him and I have no other choice but to sit next to my boss. I started to eat and the tension between me and him is so strong. Luckily, Serena is quite chatty, so it's not that quiet. "So, Ava, how old are you?" Brenda asks out of a sudden.

"Um, I am 25 years old," I reply.

"Oh, that's nice. What are you doing now? I mean are you working or what?" I don't know why but I feel like they're interviewing me like I am his girlfriend or something. If I tell them that I am currently doing my internship in his company, they will ask more questions about it.

"I-" I was cut off by Mr. Baldwin.

"She currently doing her internship in my company, it's already been one month," He said and I look at him surprised. I didn't expect him to open his mouth and tell all of this.

"So, you both already know each other? What a coincidence," Brenda said excitedly. I don't know what is she excited about. "I wonder why you both didn't talk to each other like you know each other," She said while I just give her a smile because I have no idea what to respond.

"Maybe she is shocked that she actually helps my mom," He said and I just continue to at without saying anything. I just want to go home and escape this all. After dinner, I immediately ask if I can leave and even gives her a reason so that she believes it. I feel bad for Brenda that I have to rush like this but I don't think I want to be in this awkward situation again.

"Feel free to come here, I will be waiting. Don't be shy," Brenda said and I just give her a nod. I hug her and then open the door to leave. I walk to my car then I heard footsteps following me and I think I know who it is. It's Mr. Edward Bladwin.

"Yes, Mr. Baldwin?" I ask after I turn around to face him.

"You know you can just call me Edward since we're not in the office," He said and put his hand in the pocket. Why does he need to be so hot even do a little thing? If he's not my boss, I think I will try my best to get his attention. I mean, who will leave this kind of opportunity. "Can I call you Ava?" He asks me.

"Um, sure. I need to go home now. I think my mom is waiting for me already. I'll see you around, Edward," I said and bid goodbye to him and get into my car. I drive away from this beautiful mansion and went home.

"I'm home," I said as I open the door and my mom coming running to me. "Woah, what's wrong?"

"Where are you from? Dinner with someone special?" She asks and I look at her weirdly.

"No, I just had dinner with some of my girlfriends. Mom, I'm not seeing anyone at the moment, I need to find a stable job first before I get myself someone special," I said and she always thought I seeing someone. She always wants me to have a boyfriend and said I need to have one since I am already 25 years old.

"I can't wait for that day to come, you need to mingle more you know, Like this Korean Drama I watched, she-"

"Okay, mom. I'm tired to hear about all that, I'm going to my room. Good night!" I said and walk to my room.

The next morning

Today is Saturday, and I don't have anything to do today. I think I'm going to watch some movies or sleep all day since this week been quite exhausting. "Knock knock, sis," My brother come to my room.

"What do you want Nick? I'm skipping breakfast, I want to sleep more," I said.

"I have a request to ask," I open my eyes and look at him.

"If that makes no sense, I am not doing it,"

"Can you please accompany me to buy a present for my friend?"

"And why would I? You always go and buy for yourself,"

"This time, it's quite different, It's for a girl," He said and I look at him surprised. "Don't give me that look, I need you to help me find something,"

"Do you..."

"No! not yet but I am hoping it will become official soon," He said and I can't believe my brother is going to get himself a girlfriend. He has always been the shy one and hard to mingle with others especially girls but this time, he finally wants to make a move, I am so proud of him. "So, will you?"

"Of course, anything for you but let me sleep more and we will go after lunch," I said and ready to get more sleep again.

Now, I am in the mall with my brother and since he is taller than me, everyone thought we both are a couple or something. He keeps dragging me to some couple stores and the workers just got misunderstood. "Can you tell me what she's like? So that we know what to get for her," I said tiredly. It's been an hour since we've been walking around but we bought nothing. He starts to tell me about the girl and I can say she is a nice girl and also pretty. I nod my head and thinking about what should I recommend him.

Then, I saw Edward, I mean Mr. Baldwin who is walking with his arm wraps around a woman's waist and I don't why I feel the jealousy hits me. What is wrong with me? I shouldn't feel this way towards him. We're not even close and I have no right to feel like this. He is a player and everyone knows that.

What were you expect from him, Ava?

________________________________________________________________________________

Give it a vote and leave a comment too. Thanks!