Chapter 10: Don't Call The Cops

Start from the beginning

„Where are you going?", Jade won't let her leave. She reaches out for Katelyn hand.

„Don't touch me!"

Jade get's a glimpse at Katelyn's face. She looks horrible. Jade tries again to pull Katelyn's hands aside. They fight a little but in the end Jade is still stronger and manages to push both of Katelyn's arms to the wall. Jade looks in shock at Katelyn's blue eye.

„What happened?", Jade asks concerned.

„Nothing", Katelyn has tears in her eyes and is still trying to get past Jade to the door.

„No way, you are staying until you tell me what happened!", Jade pushes her back into the wall. Katelyn slides down the wall, now sitting on the ground covering her face again.

„Did he find out about your girlfriend?", Jade asks as she sits down next to her.

„No", Katelyn mumbles.

„It was my dad, wasn't it?"

Katelyn stays quiet.

„Was it the fist time or has he done it before?"

Katelyn is still looking at the ground, not saying a word. Jade's memories are coming up but she's trying her best to not let the get back to her.

„Okay, fine you don't wanna talk, alright but you can't wander to the halls looking like that. You look like shit!"

Katelyn starts to laugh a little. The anger at her father is rising inside Jade. She really thought he would never do it again, at least not to his precious daughter Katelyn. „Let me help you cover it up", Jade offers and Katelyn lets her.

„Thank you", Katelyn says a lot more quiet as usual.

„Hey, if you tell anyone I did that, you are dead", Jade warns her but Katelyn isn't in the mood for arguing. So she just walks out of the room with a sad „sure".

Days go by and more and more people come to Jade asking why Katelyn has so many bruises and why she's acting so weird lately. Jade seems to be annoyed by those people but secretly she's worried herself. As much as she sometimes hates Katelyn she would never wish that for her. She wouldn't wish anybody to be treated this way.

„You look horrible!", Andre notices as Jade and Beck sit down at their usual table.

„She hasn't slept probarly in days", Beck explains.

„I feel like a dead person walking! I NEED MY SLEEP!"

„Why can't you sleep?", Robbie asks.

The truth is Jade can't sleep because all her trauma is coming back up. Situatins she hasn't thought about in years come back to life in her dreams. She is constantly waking up screaming and crying in the middle of the night. Beck knows because she tried to sleep at his house a couple times, thinking she might feel save next to him. It did not work. But she doesn't want her friends to know that, so she lies instead: „This stupid bird is living in my wall and it's extremely loud."

„You slept through war in Kankoon but a bird is bothering you?", Tori asks confused.

„Yes."

„You're so weird", Tori says.

„I am weird? Look at Cat!", Jade points at Cat who's is pouring paint all over her food.

„Cat! What are you doing?", Andre asks the red head.

„I am making my lunch look pretty", Cat says, adding glitter to it. The rest of them just roll their eyes on her, not asking more questions. They are used to behaviour like this.