Chapter 3

Kenny POV:

"Fancy," I say, as Butters and I enter our hotel room.

There is a dim, green lighting that I notice as soon as I walk in, and the two beds, with a tan and brown color scheme, are made up very, very neatly. Before you say anything, yes I have seen a neatly made bed...I'm just not used to sleeping in one! I think everyone by now is aware of my tragic backstory. Blah, blah, blah, poor as fuck...blah, blah, blah, death and more death, and so on and so fourth. This is a fan fiction though, so don't worry, I'm not going to die...I hope. ANYWAYS, as I was saying, I know a nice place when I see one.

I place my stuff down on my bed, while Butters places his on the floor near his bed. I hear him sigh and my head does a 180° to look at him. He's been like this ever since we got off that plane. I doubt anyone else noticed though *rolls eyes*. I noticed. Of course I noticed. I mean, no matter how much he hides behind a camera or puts on a fake smile, I can tell when there's something up. Well- at least I can tell when something is up. I'm not the best when it comes to figuring out the what that is up. Plus, if there is one thing Butters is good at, it's lying. You know what they say, strict parents make sneaky kids.

"Hey are you okay?" I ask, walking over. "You look upset about something."

I cut in front of him and take a seat on his bed.

Butters shudders a bit at my swiftness. I pat the spot next to me. He stares at me for a second, subdued, before finally sitting down.

With a smile he says, "Oh, I'm just fine."

"No you aren't."

"I am." Butters stands up. "Now, if you'll excuse me-"

"Hold on!" I grab his arm.

He freezes. I let him go.

"What?" He looks at me with a colorless expression.

"Am I still your best friend?"

His eyes widen. "Of course you are!"

"So you'll tell me why you look depressed?" :3

"No~!" ^^

And then I die.

Just kidding! I lay back with an exasperated groan followed by some over the top pouting. I look up at him to see if the guilt tripping worked.

"You really wanna know?"

Bingo.

I nod.

Butters shields his face with his palms and sits down. "You're just so...awesome," he murmurs, peaking at me from over his hands.

"I-I- I am? I mean- OF COURSE I AM!" A dumb smile makes its way to my face. "You mind if I ask why that's a bad thing?"

"It's not! But rooming with you just...makes me a tad bit nervous." He makes an O with his thumb and index finger, gesturing the word, tad.

I turn my body to look at him, sort of doing the draw me like one of your French girls pose because I can't describe that pose any other way. "Why? Do you think I'm too cool for you?" I ask.