Chapter Twenty Three: Down The Hole... Again

"I think there's been a mistake. I'm not gay." I say assuredly.

"Have you ever kissed a boy?"

"No of course not." I frown.

"Have you ever kissed a girl?" I went silent at that. "You don't even know. It's a long long story that dates back centuries ago. You know in your past life you were a dog and Sullivan was a cat." She giggled.

"Wait- what?" I frowned. "Ok wait wait, hold the phone. You're saying I've had past lives??"

"Well yes. You were reincarnated. Did you not know that?" She asked worriedly.

My eyes literally bugged out of their sockets. "I- no? What? Why? How? What the frickkk." I muttered and started hyperventilating. She just kept dabbing at my wound which kept giving out more blood.

"Oh dear, this doesn't seem to be going away. Does it hurt?" Just then a wave of nausea hit me.

"...definitely." I about gag. "But you can fix it... right?"

"I can certainly try." She smiled. I laid back onto the bed and closed my eyes.

Sullivan's my mate. I mean he's pretty hot. No he's a boy. But I'm gay? I guess I am. I'll just roll with it.

Aurelie
"Nico- AHHHH!" I screamed as we plummeted to the ground. We landed with an oof in a pile on some kind of cloud thing. "Well that's convenient!" I smile and pop back up. "So who do we need to talk to?"

"Aphrodite." Calypso said looking around in wonder. I remember this place. I followed Nico who knew where he was going. Good because I didn't know, Leo was fidgeting with something, and Calypso probably can't form aentences. We got into a giant palace thing and the Gods were there talking. They see us and Aphrodite looks nervous.

"We need to speak with Aphrodite." Calypso said. I was behind her and saw all their faces.

"You should be glad I even let you out Ogygia Titan."

"That wasn't a question." I growled stepping forward. "Let me rephrase. We will speak with Aphrodite this instant for something very important." My eyes scanned the room of the shocked Gods while Nico smirked in the corner.

"Well then, I guess I should take my leave. Au revoir ma famille." She said and elegantly walked to me, shrinking down to normal size. Does she realize when she's in giant form people can see up her dress? No stay on topic Aurelie.

We walk out to a balcony that overlooks Manhattan. "This is about those boys right?" She says not looking at me. "I really didn't think it would cause this much trouble."

"Well I think it was just the last straw for them." I say and look out.

"I- never mind." She said looking away.

Wait isn't she a god? She's like acting like a normal human. That's trippy.

"What? Milos in trouble, and we need all the background we can get."

"The Cates said the last time WAS the last time they would allow me to reincarnate them. But I knew in my heart they needed one more chance. And I was right." She smiled. "But the fates were angry at me. I was almost stabbed with one of their needles." She laughed melodically. "He's in Nyx's domain for sure. Atropos is the one that is the most angered with me. Her name means "she who cannot he turned", and clearly she won't be this time. My best tip would be to strike a deal. Oh they live deals. Don't let them fool you though, they can be quite manipulative. I assume you're immortal now that you are known as the Queen of the Stars, but you may not be. Be careful my dear Aurelie. I can tell Chaos cares very deeply for you already. Never forget that." She said before shimmering into pink dust. I stepped around it. Litterbug. I ran into the throne room and to the gang.

"Guys, we're bringing the fight to them. We gotta go to Nyx's realm."

"Nope I'm out. I can take you to the Underworld but that's as far as I'll go." Nico said and I nodded.

"Thank you for helping us." I smiled and he nodded. He grabbed our arms and Calypso grabbed Leo before we shadow traveled away to the underworld. I felt bad I couldn't help but I had given up my blessing from Hades for Sullivan. After all he was traveling alone.

We landed and I hugged Nico tightly. "Again, thank you for everything. I'll make sure to come back alive with the boys." I smiled.

"Don't make promises Aurelie. Not in this world."

"But if you don't promise, how do you expect something to come true? The fulfillment of the promise pushes you to try harder. And we all need that." I laughed softly. I shouldered my bag and looked to the pit. "Well, the only way is down!" I laughed and hopped into the hole, Calypso jumping in and grabbing Leo's arm.

"Wait I didn't agree to this!" Leo yelled. "Nico save me!"

"Good luck guys!" I heard before whistling took over. A couple seconds later I landed with an oof. I stood up and brushed myself off, squeaking when someone fell on top of me. Leo sat up and gasped. I looked out and grinned.

"Hey Coeus! Long time no see!"

"I saw you four days ago Lady Aurelie. Who are these with you? You did not have them before."

"Yeah about that... Milo was kidnapped. Y Nyx and the fates and Sullie went after him. But we need to save them too. Can you show us where Nyx's domain is?"

"I don't think you understand what you are asking Lady Aurelie." The Titan said in a grave tone. "Nyx is beyond your comprehension. You can't beat her."

"Well we won't know if we don't try." I smile. "I have to save my friend. I have to make a deal with the fates." I said and Coeus looked st me for a moment.

"Very well. I shall show you where they are. Be prepared Lady Aurelie, this will be unlike anything you have seen before."

I nodded and shifted into my armor with my swords. "I am ready to face the darkness."