Running Out of Time

Dis idea was from Betty__Noire
Go follow them >;3

Enjoy QwQ

🍫×Cross's P.O.V.×🍫
Why.

Why?

Why!?

Nightmare hurt him, but the worst part is, the tentacle that pierced through his chest hit his soul.

Dream's soul is deteriorating from the negativity, there's nothing we can do. He only has about a month left.

"Cross." He says, he doesn't sound weak or even look sick, Sci says at the end of the month, that's when the symptoms will start showing.

I walk over to him, he's laying in one of the hospital beds. I take his hand and lightly squeeze it.

"Cross. I want to go home and spend time with you, I'm not a fool, I know it's too late. I'm running out of time." He says, looking at me sadly.

Tears stream down my face, I grip his hand a bit tighter and kneel down beside him, "I'm so sorry, Dream....it's my job to protect you and I didn't!"

Dream strokes the top of my skull, "It's okay, Cross. Its okay. It wasn t your fault."

I continue to sob though, "B-but y-you're g-gonna d-di-di-di..." I stammer, not even able to finish the last word.

"I know. I want to spend time with you and find a way to preserve positivity." Dream says quietly, getting up.

I get up and take his hand, wiping away my tears with the other, "Let's go home."

Dream nods, smiling, but I can tell he's scared. I can also tell he feels like he failed Nightmare, because there's no way we can get him back now.

I teleport us home. Its really late, so we both get in bed. He snuggles up next to me, but we both know neither of is are sleeping. We're just laying there, cuddled together and listening to each others breathing.

After a bit, Dream puts his head against my chest and sighs, "Your soul beat always calms me down."

After a couple minutes, he falls asleep. Leaving me awake and staring at the ceiling, listening to his breathing.

🌟💛Dream's P.O.V.💛🌟
I look around. I'm at the ruins of my old home, I see the tree, still split in half.

"Heard you're gonna die soon." I hear a deep voice say.

I turn around and see Nightmare standing there, his arms crossed, glaring. I stay silent, worried he'll try and kill Cross if I say yes.

"I can feel Cross's worry, so I know it's true." He says, smiling, "I knew you would never be able to beat me."

I sigh, "I'm sorry, brother. For everything you had to go through here." I gesture to the ruined Au, "Its my fault. I never noticed."

I look up at him, smiling but with tears in my eyes, "But at least I'll be gone, just like you've wanted for hundreds of years. You can finally be happy!"

He rolls his visable eye and turns away, muttering something.

"Why do you feel regret?"I ask, sensing his emotions.

"What!? You think I feel bad!? I HATE YOU AND ALL OF A SUDDEN YOU THINK I CARE!?" He yells, but his voice is quivering, "I-I-I don't care that you're gonna be g-gone!"

"Brother?" I ask, taking a step forward.

"STAY AWAY FROM ME!" He yells, using a tentacle to send me flying back, I slam into the trunk of the tree, blood pours out of my mouth as I cough and hack over the ground.

I look at the huge puddle of golden blood, scared of how much blood I just coughed up. I lean against the stump of the tree, breathing heavily, and look up.

Nightmare looks shocked and whispers, "You weren't kidding. You are gonna die."

I nod slowly, even though it sends shooting pain through my skull, "Y-yes."

"I...I...didn't think that this would..." Nightmare claps his hands together, and my eyes snap open, I'm breathing heavily and clutching Cross's jacket.

"D-Dream? Are you alright?" He asks, holding me close.

Tears flow down my cheeks, "I saw my brother, he attacked me!"

I hear Cross gasp and he hugs me tightly, "Its okay, I'll protect you, no one will hurt you."

I sigh and hug him closely, "C'mon, let's spend time with eachother while we still can."

Cross visibly flinches and pales (somehow-).

"Okay." He says, quietly, "I'm still sorry I didn't save you like I'm supposed to."

"Cross. I've told you, it's okay....this is out of both of our control." I say, tears forming in my eye sockets, "There's no way we can stop the negativity."

"I know." He says, crying as well.

We both end up sitting there, holding one another for a while.

~No One's P.O.V.~
The end of the month was near. Dream had been getting weaker, and weaker, until one morning he woke up and said, "This is the day."

It was the final day of the month.

🍫×Cross's P.O.V.×🍫
This is it.

Dream and I are cuddled up together, but we're in OuterTale. Looking at the stars.

Its getting later, I keep finding myself checking my phone for the time but soon, Dream turns to me, smiling sadlt.

"Cross, can you teleport us to DreamTale?" He asks, softly.

I teleport us there without hesitation, Dream walks over to the ruined tree. I sit close beside him, he's in my lap.

"Thank you, Cross. For saving me, for caring about me not just for my aura, and for loving me."He says, kissing me.

I kiss back, hugging him tightly. But when he pulls away for air I gasp in horror. His feet are starting to turn to dust.

Tears immediately fall down my face, "No! No!"I whisper.

I carefully lean him against the tree, knowing that's where he'd want to be.

I hug him tightly, "Thank you Dream! For showing me that I can be happy, saving me, and loving me."

He closes his eyes and smiles, tears rolling down his face, "Goodbye. I love you."

My eyes widen, and a watch him turn completley to dust in my arms, his cape and crown on the ground.

I slowly reach out and lift them, this can't be real....I turn my head up and cry out, sobbing and holding his cape and crown.

........

~No One's P.O.V.~
Cross had fallen into a spiralling depression, but he always wore Dream's cape and crown.

He never gave up though, because he knew Dream wouldn't have wanted that. Instead, he was trying to bring Nightmare back, for Dream, so all his suffering and hard work wouldn't have been for nothing.

What he did know, was that Dream was still there. He could sense his positive aura because he had gotten so used to it. If he passed a mirror, sometimes he saw a quick golden outline following him.

Occasionally, he could a voice saying "I love you."

It kept him going, knowing that his angel was looking after him.

Hope you enjoyed! :´3

I was originally gonna make Cross commit (if you get what I mean by that) but decided that would be too cruel, so I like dis ending better. :´3