A King and a Healer Pt.2

Enjoy >;3

Dream had stopped by his house and quickly packed his stuff before getting back in the carriage with Cross. They were almost outside the kingdom now, because Dream lived near the edges of it.

"I hope we can find, Nightmare." Dream said quietly, looking nervous but a bit hopeful.

"I'm sure, we will. What's he like and what even happened?" Cross asked, wanting to know more.

"Well, he's older than me, but he's really kind and caring. He learned potions that could permanently change your form and he made another to be able to switch between them!" Dream said, smiling slightly, "He's normally in his way scary form, but he's still a good person."

"What happened...how did he...?" Cross trailed off, not wanting to force Dream to say anything.

"I left someone. He was obsessed with me....but I didn't like him or the way he acted. So...one night, when Nightmare was in his normal form, and his lover wasn't there. He snuck in and used a potion." Dream whispered.

"All I remember is seeing a potion go flying in through a window and then it knocked me out. Then, when I woke up three days later, he was just....gone."

"I'm so sorry, Dream. I promise we'll find him." Cross said, putting an arm around Dream's shoulders.

They stopped to rest just outside the mountains, by morning they were back in the carriage and going through the mountains.

After a couple of hours, Dream gasped, "I see smoke! Coming from that cave!" He pointed, it was close, within walking distance.

Cross grabbed a sword, and gave Dream a bow and quiver of arrows. They both slowly approached it, peeking in.

Nothing.

They nodded to one another and walked in, ready to move at the slightest sound. The cave went on for a while, they followed the smoke filtering out down the path. When eventually, an opening lead to a huge underground cave system.

They looked at one another in shock but then Dream's eyes widened and he pointed down, in a cage was Nightmare, in his passive form.

Cross nodded, and they slowly climbed down the ladder at the entrance and his behind a boulder.

They could hear footsteps from another opening on the ground level. After a minute, someone walked out.

"DAMN IT! I POISENED THE FUCKING KING AND THAT USELESS GAURD COULDN'T BEING ME DREAM!?" He yelled at the top of his lungs, his voice echoing throughout the cavern.

"Where is he!?" He yelled at Nightmare, gripping the bars of the cage

Nightmare glared, "I'll never tell you where he is or when he might be, so just shut up and move on, Ink!"

Dream flinched at the sound of Nightmare's voice, he sounded so weak. He quickly loaded an arrow, getting a nod from Cross.

"Now."Cross whispered to him. Dream drew back the strong and released.

Ink cried out in pain and looked around the cavern, his eyes blazing with fury. They landed on Dream and he gasped.

"Dreamy? You came back for me!? I knew you still cared, all the things that happened don't matter anymore! It's all in the past now!" He said, rushing towards Dream.

Cross jumped out, and kicked him with full force in the stomach, sending Ink back, and making him double over with pain.

He glared up at Cross, "How are you alive!? That poison was lethal!"