Chapter 8~•°.

Oh how I wonder how many fell for that 

~•°.•.°~~~

They went up the stairs thankfully they hadn't fallen down, Eli took Aesop to his room and opened the door to set him on his bed and leave right after making sure he was alright, to his surprise that was not what Aesop was not planning to sleep just yet.

~•°.•.°~~~

..•~Aesop POV~•..

It hurts, the stitches hurt.. it's cold but my shirt is back down there. Could I go get it? I can't walk.. I was ready to give up on getting a shirt when I suddendly remembered when I looked earlier in the closet maybe I could ask him to get me a shirt. It was ether that or freezing through the night. 

Eli helped me get on my bed trying to not touch anywhere near the stitches and then straightened his back, he turned to face the door, was he leaving? it's now or never. I grabbed the back of his cloak and maybe I might have pulled a little to hard when he fell on the bed. 

"Uuh sorry.."

"It's okay, do you need something?"

"Could you gice me a shirt from the closet, please?.."

Even though I made it awkward by making him fall he still smiled kindly and walked over to the closet, he presented me a black shirt and that childish blue shirt with stars. The kind smile he had turned into a grin.

"The black one is fine"

Instead of giving me any shirt he stood there with his grin thing about something.

"Eli?" 

He didn't answer but he turned back to the closet and put back the black shirt still holding on to the blue one with the stars, he came closer. I sat up Is he really going to make me wear that? 

"This one looks good don't you think?" He widened his grin.

"The black one is better" 

"Come on it's not that bad, hold your hands up"

A slightly annoyed expression took over my face, I wasn't really angry but that whoever put that shirt in the closet had to reconsider their taste in clothes.

"I'm not wearing that"

Ignoring what I just said Eli took my hands anyway holding them up so he could easily slide the shirt down, only that whenever he tried to put that thing on me I'd move my hands behind my back. After 10 minutes of me not cooperating he took a hold of my arms again holding them up only this time he didn't let go, I looked up in surprise and he's eyes caught mine, he's eyes were even more beautiful in the moonlight, they were a deeper blue with so many details and sparkled like pearls, he took the opportunity to put the shirt on me while I was lost in his eyes then backed away, I snapped back to reality looking at what I was wearing and my face reddened in embarrassment. 

I snapped my gaze back at him, he was looking at me holding back his laughter. Turns out he wasn't good at that when in a few seconds he started laughing, his laughter was contagious, so much that it made me chuckle too. 

"See? its not that bad it looks cute" his laugh turned into a chuckle and he came to sit on the bed

"I look like a five year old" 

Still chuckling he reached out his hand behind my head and snatched my hair tie letting my hair fall down, my mother used to tie my hair because of our status everyday I kept tying it up even after she passed, it just felt right.

"You probably don't need that to sleep"

"Actually, I'm not tired anymore"

It was true, after messing around for the first time in years I was fully awake, was that what it was like to have friends? I wouldn't know.

"Want me to read you a bedtime story then" 

We both laughed then I realized it must have been pretty late. Was I wasting his time? that question surprisingly didn't make an appearance earlier tonight, it's strange.

"How about I answer your questions then?"

Eli laid back on the bed and his hood fell off making his eyes more sparkly and his hair fly everywhere, it looked like the messy but perfect hairstyle. Why was I even thinking of that? I got back to his question, I did have many questions about the manor and the people, would it really be ok if I asked away?

"Can I?"

"Why wouldn't you? ask anything you want" 

His smile was reassuring, I looked back at the closet and remembered about that owl maybe this is my chance to ask about that. And about why we can't leave. Most of my questions had been answered in the match but I still had some.

"Where is your owl?"

"Brooke Rose? I let her fly around the manor when we went down to the infirmary, Emily doesn't want animals around when she has patients"

"Makes sense, why was she in my room earlier?"

He seemed a little uneasy about answering this one but he went on.

"I commanded her to follow you while you were running up stairs, she managed to get in while you were closing the door."

"Oh.."

I had never heard of an owl obeying orders, he must have trained her since she was little.

"Speaking of the door, why did you wait outside instead of leaving? wouldn't that be easier?"

"Probably. I guess it's because I thought you wouldn't ask for help."

"No you're right, I wouldn't" 

Time passed fast and eventually I noticed he had fallen asleep while I was thinking of another question, I don't blame him, it was probably late and I was sleepy too. I stopped and looked at him for a minute is he really comfortable sleeping like that?  He was laying across the end of the bed his legs on the ground in a sitting position, he had one hand besides his head and another on his chest with his head turned to Aesop's direction as they were talking earlier. 

I guess we'll see tomorrow I thought and laid back letting the sleepiness take me.

~•°.•.°~~~