Chapter 71~•°.

~•°.•.°~~~

-Aesop-

I halted in front of the door unsure if I should knock or just open it. I took a deep breath trying to calm myself down and walked in.

~•°.•.°~~~

..•~Aesop POV~•..

"Eli I need to talk to you about something important."

I kept my eyes closed while asking as calmly as I could, my heart was beating fast I was excited to hear him say I was wrong and that we could just go back to being how we used to be for good. Leave this manor and live a peaceful life back home. He could stay at the house I inherited and do whatever he wants while I would work at the cemetery Jerry left behind, it would all be so.. peaceful.

I waited for an answer before opening my eyes. A reply which would not reach me because there was no one in the room but Brooke laying on the bed starring at me with a curious expression. I stared back at the owl questioning where its owner could be again. I looked around a bit in case there was a letter around but to no avail. He was just not here but Brooked was calm so he was probably not in any danger. 

I assumed he had gone for a walk around the building to catch a breather so I kneeled down to pet the little fowl which in response relaxed her wings and puffed her feathers, she was almost like a cat.

"Do you know where Eli is Brooke? Can you find him"

To my surprise the wood brown tinted owl got up and flew over to the desk for me to open the door. I guess she actually could find him. I opened the door and followed her to Naib's and William's room and then perched on my shoulder.

I wasn't sure if I wanted to go in knowing Naib would probably be there if Eli was there. I was too tired to deal with his overprotectiveness but I needed to clear this out as soon as I could so I decided to knock on the door.

Not long after a green hooded brunette appeared behind the door, unfortunately not the one I wanted to see. He looked surprised to see me an expression which soon changed to suspicion.

"Hello?"

"Do you happen to know where Eli is?

I wasn't really expecting him to tell me but after a small moment of silence he actually did.

"He's inside what do you want?"

"I need to talk to him, it's important"

Naib seemed kind of less defensive and more like he was thinking before acting today. He made one of his annoyed grimaces and opened the door right behind him sitting Eli wearing a black turtleneck sweater with a white coat hanging from his shoulders, but what popped out to me was once again his deep blue ocean like eyes starring right at me, unlike the last few days they looked as if they were glittering like a school of shiny fish were swimming across whilst the sun reflected off of their scales. This sight would just never get old.

I stood for a minute realizing how awkward it would be with Naib listening to our conversation but it had to be done either way, might as well try to kill two bird with one stone. 

"Hey there.."

"Eli uh.. I want to know why you had started avoiding me. You weren't around when the letter circulated but you seemed like you knew from the start what was going on even though no one had talked to you the whole time."

"..You found out?"

His expression was bittersweet, like he had desperately waited for this moment to come but simultaneously didn't want it to arrive. He looked down to his mug of coffee, it's scent being carried by the wind blowing from the open window coincidentally filling the room.

"I know that you never poisoned me, or ever tried to. I was instructed by someone to cut ties with you and that ended up working with the letter."

"Wait WHAT? You didn't say anything like that to me!?"

"Well I was pretty much blackmailed in a way, if I were to deny I or someone out of you would get hurt, the deal was supposed to be I either go along with it and I get a free ticket out of the manor or I disobey and someone pays for it."

"AND YOU NEVER TOLD ANYONE?? I'M A MERCINARY FOR GODS SAKE!"

Naib seemed to have been reacting a lot more than me or at least vocalizing it even though I was really overjoyed on the inside so much that I couldn't stop smiling, thankfully to prevent myself from looking like a fool I had my hand in front of my mouth.

"You wanna say that a bit louder? I don't think the people next door heard you yet"

"BUT YOU DIDNT HAVE TO-"

"NAIB! shut up-"

~•°.•.°~~~

I can finally play identity again after a whole year and I have been left with almost no in game friends, ain't that fun uvu