Chapter 79~•°.

~•°.•.°~~~

-Aesop-

"I thought it was just a dream.."

~•°.•.°~~~

..•~Aesop POV~•..

staring at the checker patterned floor I could faintly hear a quiet snicker from behind me but I didn't dare to turn around. It isn't that I didn't want it to be real or that I am regretting it, it just hasn't quite sank in yet that my daydreams are now becoming reality that I unconsciously decided it must have been a dream. It felt unreal, like a prank even though I was well aware that nobody else knew anything about last night, it was all completely voluntary, on Eli's own free will. 

My mind felt like it was going to shut down from all the things going through it, I wasn't only trying to process yesterday but was also worried that Joseph might have somehow found out that Eli wasn't following his threats anymore, if he knew then someone was going to get hurt and taking into consideration the upcoming match, that would most likely be Norton since both of them would participate. If not Norton then he would go for the one defying him in the first place. 

I didn't know if there was anything I could do, Eli could be switched out and he would be safe for the most part but then Norton would be going in blind and unassisted. Finding a replacement for both of them was for sure not happening, everyone was already tired from covering for the people organizing the escape.

Before I knew it I was lost in thought, strategizing plans and thinking of any loop holes they could use until I heard that familiar deep voice coming from right behind me snapping me out of it to only then realize I had left the waffles on for far too long.

"Aesop be careful-"

The male placed one of his hands on my waist and another on my shoulder to scoot me away from the smoke coming out of the waffler and subsequently closer to him, he then reached over the counter still resting his hand on my shoulder and unplugged the device all together. 

That was for sure one way to snap me back into reality, one of the more pleasant but also more nerve-indducing ones. I turned to look at him sighing before turning to meet my gaze, I'm not sure why but I froze feeling like I had done something wrong. I knew that it probably didn't look good on me to seemingly forget a moment such as last night's, it must have been disappointing.

"Are you ok? did you inhale any of the smoke?"

"No.. I'm sorry- I shouldn't have dismissed yesterday like that-"

"Hey, calm down I asked if your ok, not for an apology. It's alright"

Eli smiled in an attempt to calm me down and gestured for me to sit down while he took over the task of making breakfast. I sat down, staring blankly into the air thinking once again about all the ways the match could go wrong until Norton defeatedly walked through the door surprised to find us in the room. 

He first looked at Eli and then at me, lowering his head and diverting his eyes before he spoke with a guilty tone. Anyone could tell something was very off with him.

"Good morning Eli, Aesop.. I know this is out of the blue but could you.. take over my match tonight? I don't think I will make it.."

"Alright"

The blue eyed male's expression went from relaxed to extra worried in just a couple of seconds, he didn't say anything but he stared at me as if I was a ghost. On the other hand Norton seemed a bit relieved but still acted weird. I already knew what I was signing up for with Joseph but at least like this maybe no one would have to get hurt. 

In the end Eli invited Norton to eat with us and we all went on with our days, Norton disappearing somewhere in the manor, Eli trying to relax while periodically checking on me with a very worrisome aura following him the entire time and finally me thinking of the countless scenarios that could play out and what I could do to ensure Eli would come out of this unharmed. 

Finally, the time had arrived. Me and the brunette were making our way to the waiting room with an unusual eeriness filling the space between us. 

"..Are you sure you want to do this? see Joseph and all.."

"I might as well get it over with. I guess.."

"Ok then.."

"But Eli, please stay away from him, doesn't matter what happens, no matter what he does please keep your distance."

"..."

The blindfolded male didn't answer but seemed to have gotten an idea of what we were getting ourselves into. We sat down in the same wooden chairs we always did and stared at the scarlet curtains in front of us, the room going dark for one more time before we leave this place. The sound of ethnical instruments and city lights soon overtook my senses, the map was chinatown.

~•°.•.°~~~