Chapter 32~•°.

Don't you love being left on a cliffhanger for a week and still not getting an answer?

~•°.•.°~~~

-Luchino-

"Ok you three stop, what the hell are you looking for in here?"

~•°.•.°~~~

..•~Aesop POV~•..

The longer we took to answer the more annoyed he looked but at last one of us spoke, it was Naib although, it should have been me considering that this all of this is my fault.

"Have you been missing any dangerous chemicals lately Luchino? in liquid form?"

"Hm? No, not that I know of"

"Do you have any bromide?"

"Yes I do have some what do you need it for?"

Luchino walked through his lab to where Tracy was and opened a drawer next to her filled with  tubes, all filled with with liquid chemicals, it looked as if some where missing from his well organized stash though.

"Ok who stole the bromide?"

"Actually, that's what we want to know too"

Naib signaled me to give him the little box that was in my make up kit before going on

"Do you know if anyone came in here before us?"

"No the only people that come in here are me and ms. Plinius"

We all looked at each other in confusion, if it was Melly who was behind this then that wouldn't explain half of the things that have happened like how the door in Eli's room was locked. Luchino on the other hand could easily open the door, lock it and take Eli with him out the window somewhere from the roof unnoticed. But why would he? He never had any attitude or fights with survivors or hunters.

"Luchino? where were you just now?"

"Robbie wanted to play so I was with him for an hour or so, why?"

"Nothing, if you find out who stole that bromide please do tell us"

"Sure, thanks for returning it but.. where's the rest?"

The shock in our faces gave him enough information to know the answer, whoever stole it had kept some, where they planning to do with it? Would they kill someone with it?? there isn't really much we can do with it in here without other chemicals but there weren't any others missing so.. Is Eli dying?

The thought alone made me weak in the knees making me fall down, what if that's why he was unconscious after that one match? Bromide leads to a relatively quick death of 1-2 days when injected into your bloodstream but if you consume it can take up to a week. Would I be able to live alone again? knowing it is my fault that my only friend is dead..

Xie tried to ask if I'm ok while Tracy slowly approached me but I didn't want to hear it, I bolted out of the lab and ran down a corridor turning left and right trying to find something, some hideout or clue, he can't be dead. I wont believe this, he is alive, alive and well waiting somewhere for us to show up! where else would he be..

My feet gave out once again as I tossed myself in a room. I was glad it was empty but I think that most hunters must have heard me running around by now, I should go back to the lab or the survivors side.. What's the difference anymore? no one wants me around survivor or hunter they are all the same now, I should just leave, escape somewhere so I wont have to deal with their disgusted stares and comments. 

I picked myself up once again to return to the lab when I realized just how lost I was, the survivor's and hunter's sides were identical and all but many of our room placements and content is different. I decide that maybe using the windows that viewed the front of the manor would be useful so I walked along them trying to go back to the survivors side, the others wouldn't search for who was thought to be a murderer would they? Though Naib really didn't trust me for a moment anymore, maybe when he found me he'd actually snap at me.

 As I was looking out the windows I noticed someone in blue just sitting on a bench it was too far to tell who it was but I wasn't going to miss out on any chances of it being Eli, I picked up my walking pace to a race to the manor's entrance, it turns out my idea had worked because I soon had that big door identical to the ones on the entrance hall in front of me I slowed down my pace and looked back to where that person was siting making sure they hadn't left. I opened the door and ran down to the entrance when I felt a hand on my shoulder, I suddenly didn't feel that safe anymore with how tight that grip was and how the person behind me was huffing as strongly as I was.

~•°.•.°~~~