Chapter 73~•°.

~•°.•.°~~~

-Aesop-

After taking a shower I put on a check stretch shirt with a pair of slim British style suit pants and then my usual ankle boots and plopped on the couch letting my back and my head rest.

~•°.•.°~~~

..•~Aesop POV~•..

It wasn't even that late yet, it was only four pm but thanks to the season the sun was already starting to set filling the sky with a pinkish hue. I would go out and watch the sunset but I was too tired for anything like that so I instead observed the warm colors that shined through the window from the couch and as expected, soon fell asleep. 

I had that dream again, this time a little different. At first I only had a sensation of something piercing my arm and then an immense amount of pain flowing in my veins up my arm like a million flaming needles were trying to burst my veins and escape my body, the pain reached up to my throat blocking my airflow for a second before I opened my eyes to suddenly see that I was running through an unfamiliar evergreen forest with screams all around me, I couldn't make out any of the words but I knew that I was scared and running away from them, just before I woke up I differentiated one scream from the rest coming from directly behind me yelling my name with a panicked and pained tone, I turned around to find out I was not running alone but was also dragging Eli behind me who had a concerning splatter of blood on his nose and random scrapes and mud on his clothes. Behind him I could see a dark figure laying on the ground and other shadow like figures running behind and around us before one of them seemed to grab Eli in an almost unhuman manner.

I woke up in a panic jerking my head forward hitting it on the couch's wooden handle producing an audible noise from the force. I winced curling up in a ball and holding my forehead. so much for getting rid of my headache.

After a few minutes I got up still holding onto my forehead and tried heading down to the kitchen to get an ice pack, making sure to take the syringes with me my mind went back to the dream, if the last time I saw it wasn't scary I don't know what it would be now that it had a continuation too, then I thought back to Eli not only because of what happened in the dream but also because of what he told me last time I talked to him about my dream. If this was really a premonition of future events it looked like things were only starting and they were looking anything but good. 

Entering the main lobby I couldn't help but overhear some whispers here and there, I wasn't sure what they were saying but now that I had the guys back I couldn't care less. I went straight to the refrigerator and got myself an icepack. I decided to sit outside and enjoy the cool breeze for a while, I closed my eyes and cleared my head of any stress just for a little bit I felt calm, this must have been the best I've felt in a long while.

"Hey! Carl"

If I didn't recognize whose voice that was I would think I was in trouble again but I knew Norton would most likely be no trouble while he was very extroverted he wasn't too pushy but did have a bad tendency of disappearing every few months.

"Aesop hey there! I thought you had gone missing what happened man?"

"I just needed a breather away from the people in the manor, you know?"

"Not really but if that helps you I guess it's good, watcha up to, we're gonna be out of here by next week."

"You think so?"

"Probably, everyone is working their asses off, Luca and Tracy are basically roommates at this point"

Norton seemed to be in a good mood, probably because he thought we could escape this time. Nevertheless he sat next to me and we continued chatting for a while.

"Aren't they close to finishing that device?"

"They are already done actually, they are seeing if it has any issues. Martha is gonna explain the plan soon, speaking of Martha what did she ask you back then?"

"Uugh.. you don't want to know.. It was plain crazy talk."

"Guessing you didn't go along with it?"

"I don't expect to be included in the escape plan if I'm honest, I don't think they believe I'll cooperate with them or be of any advantage."

"..."

"Well whatever if you manage to get out I'll be happy for you"

I really didn't care if I was going to be included or not, in fact I had more chances of leaving if I wasn't so I didn't want to reveal what I planned on doing to anyone who didn't need to know.

~•°.•.°~~~