Chapter 75~•°.

~•°.•.°~~~

-Aesop-

Thankfully though I soon realized I was going to make us fall if I kept doing that and gave up on it as I decided to hold onto the brunette's back and and shoulder instead.

~•°.•.°~~~

..•~Aesop POV~•..

Getting picked up wasn't really anything new, Eli had already done it once when I was waiting outside his door and almost fell asleep, then Kevin would often carry us over his shoulder after lassoing us away from hunters and even some hunters themselves would carry us to rocket chairs with specific ways depending on their mood like how Jack would either carry us cinderella style or drag us on the ground. still I wasn't exactly used to this outside of matches, when adrenaline isn't pumping through your veins and messing with your fight or flight you are a lot more aware of what is happening around you. 

Given how close we were like this I could easily feel the blue eyed boys warmth on my skin and breath on my neck. I could feel my face getting red as I glanced at him for a second to make sure he wasn't annoyed but on the contrary, he was smiling to himself trying to hold back his laughter and failing miserably. 

In my panic I hid my face on Eli's shoulder letting my hair fall to hide my expression. Eli seemed to pick up on that quite quickly and decided to use the arm he was supporting my back with to brush my hair out of the way as he spoke in a cheery and reassuring tone almost straight into my ear. 

"Calm down I'm not dropping you"

I really didn't know what to think when hearing that, my mind had gone blank and all I could think of was what was happening around me now that I wasn't that sleepy anymore. Eli sat me on the bed tucking my hair behind my ear revealing my flushed expression, he ran his hand down my hair pushing it away from my neck and eventually revealing the hickey Joseph was so persistent with. I hadn't bothered to cover it up since I was wearing a turtleneck before and after changing I kept my hair down which hid it pretty well. Eli's expression seemed to change when he shifted his gaze to it and crouched down leaving some space between us before he spoke.

"About yesterday.."

"AM. IT- ITS ARIGHT! I was just angry!"

He took a glance at me as I was struggling to talk before staring back at the floor. Last night I was frustrated with how deceived I felt but now, if he was actually going to bring that up now I didn't know if I would rather walk out the door or be friend zoned, after all he had a fiance.

"When you asked me what I see you as, it wasn't that I didn't think of you as anyone close to me. If anything I love having your company around, the problem was I myself didn't know what I was feeling or how to describe it and honestly I'm still not one hundred percent sure how. But seeing Joseph trying to get close to you like that while all I could do was watch from the sidelines was so.. frustrating? I couldn't even help myself from sending Brooke with you to the library so I would know he wouldn't try anything, which.. didn't work.. at all.."

I guess that kind of answered my question of what his ability could be but it didn't matter much right now while my anxiety was shooting through the roof. There was no way he would actually say he liked me in that way, he had a fiance, they were supposed to get married when he escaped, he even had a ring. Though, I did remember when he had locked himself up in his room he was talking about some girl leaving him but it couldn't have been her. Could it?

I could hear my heartbeat echoing though out my body and feel my breathing getting heavy I couldn't help but fear what he would say next, I wouldn't stop being friends with him but it would be painful to deal with. 

"But I also felt like something in me was hurting when I would see you unhappy, I wanted to lift your mood and make you laugh.. it's all just, it's confusing and I don't understand it fully.."

Before finishing his sentence Eli's cheeks started turning a light shade of red as he stood up and walked closer trying to avoid eye contact at all costs, he took a deep breath and leaned down to me reaching his hand out to fiddle with my hair.

"I can't find the right words but I'm pretty positive that this explains what I mean to say.."

He moved his hand down to my cheek tracing my jawline down to my chin as he leaned closer waiting for me to show some response, I had frozen up like a statue my eyes following his every move in disbelief of this situation, I cautiously moved my arms to his torso giving him the signal he was waiting for. In an instant I closed my eyes letting Eli kiss me, every action he made was considerate and gentle, his lips were warm and soft like velvet, he had a habit of putting on chapstick every night and morning I never noticed what taste it was but I found out soon enough that it was green apple.

MINI BONUS w/Naib:

Naib listening to Eli failing to try to explain what he was feeling earlier that day because he came in asking for help

Does he actually have a crush and not realize it?..

"Alright i have two questions. One, what about Gertrude?"

"Vision"

"Makes sense, two, would you kiss him?"

"..."

Eli didn't respond and only stared blankly at Naib while turning red and seriously putting that option into consideration.

This hopeless bi idiot..

~•°.•.°~~~

something wholesome for yall ;)