A King and A Healer Pt.1

This amazing prompt was from _arty_boi go read all of their books! >:3
Art above is also theirs :3

Cross was the king of his land. He was 27, the youngest of the kings. He owned a grand castle, and all of his subjects loved him. Except for one, he poisoned him and fled the kingdom.

Cross soon developed a rare disease from the poison. He had the golden flower plague. Within a week, golden flowers were beginning to grow on his wrists, if someone wasn't able to heal them....he would die within a year at most.

Dream was a young healer, only about 25. He had been studying cures for all the worst sicknesses, even trying his cure ideas in himself sometimes. The other healers had no confidence in him, but Dream marched to the palace with the medicines he had invented.

He showed the guards that He was a healer so they lead him to Cross's room, where he was in bed, clearly nearing his end.

Dream bowed when he walked in, "Hello you're highness. I've invented several medicines and I believe I've found the cure to your sickness."

One of the guards gripped Dream's arm, furious, "You dare to test your stupid ideas on your king!? Don't worry, you're highness, I'll take care of him."

Cross sat up, "Stop it! I'm going to die either way, the least I can do is see if his medicine will help people with this disease."

The gaurd reluctantly let go of his arm and Dream stepped forward, holding out a bottle with a blue substance in it.

"This will cure you. All you have to do is drink it." Dream said, as Cross took the bottle and uncapped it.

"You're a very brave healer. Trying to find new cures." Cross said.

Dream smiled, "I want to heal everyone. If I can't try and find cures, what good am I?"

Cross smiled and slowly drank the potion. His eyes widened as he watched the flowers instantly shrivel up and die, he could feel himself strengthening.

He stood up for the first time in days, and walked over to Dream, who was beaming and had stars in his eyes.

"What is your name?" He asked.

"Dream." He responded, still smiling, "I'm glad you're okay, you're highness."

"Don't call me that. Please, call me Cross." Cross said, smiling at Dream's shocked face.

"I vow to help you with whatever you need as thanks for saving my life." Cross bowed, and took Dream's hand and kissed it, making the smaller blush slightly.

"T-there is one thing." Dream said slowly, "A long time ago, my brother was taken from me. I don't know exactly who, but I have a good guess."

"Where do you think he is?" Cross asked, upset that Dream lost his brother.

"I think he's in the mountains because that's where....he lived." Dream said, gritting his teeth at the end.

Cross nodded slightly, "I'll go with you. To find your brother."

Dream's jaw dropped, "Y-you mean it?"

Cross nodded, smiling.

Dream threw his arms around his neck, hugging him tightly, "THANK YOU! No one had helped me to try and find Nightmare! Thank you, thank you, thank you!"

Cross was blushing at first but hugged back and said, "I'll go get the supplies."

He walked out the room with the gaurd sputtering, "B-but you could g-get killed!"

Cross ignored him and went to make the arrangements and get the stuff needed.

The gaurd turned to Dream with a glare, he walked up to him and grabbed his arm so tightly it started to bruise.

"You should've gone with me while you had the chance. I would've made things so much easier for you." The guard growled, "I was supposed to being you! Then I could see him again..."

The guard began to cry and fell to his knees on the ground, Dream kneeled beside him, "W-what are you talking about? Who are you?"

"My name is Dust." He sniffled, "He took my Blue from me! He's gonna hurt him if you don't..." He trailed off and darted out the room.

Cross walked back in, looking confused, "What happened?"

"I honestly don't know." Dream said with a shrug, looking confused.

"We can stop your home so you can pack the stuff you need, lets go, Dream!" Cross said, taking his hand and leading him out the castle to a carriage there.

Only one thought rang through Dream's mind. Who was Dust supposed to take him to?

I wonder who >;3
Anyone wanna guess? :3