𝟏. 𝐏𝐮𝐫𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐆𝐢𝐫𝐥.

'We never met before until that day, we only sent each other a few letters here and there in the past.'

'Letters?'

'Yeah!'

'But...why letters? Why sending letters when you could just give a simple phone call?'

'Well...where I was during that particular period of time wouldn't allow me to give or get a 'simple phone call'. I couldn't even get out of my house...'

'But who in the world wouldn't allow someone like you to get out of their own house?'

'I don't really know to be honest...maybe myself?'

1987, Los Angeles, California

Imani gazed at her own reflection through the large vanity mirror she was sitting in front of, the hefty lights making the purple sequins spread on her eyelids shine brightly like a grape diamond every she'd blink her eyes. Her lips were painted in a dark red mat color, giving her face the fierce aesthetic she had to posses for this particular night.

Not longer than thirty minutes ago, she was on the stage with the one and only Prince, participating in his breathtaking performance.

The purple man was having a show in Rose Bowl, Pasenada. He offered her to join him and The Revolution on the stage, to 'swank' her guitar skills, that she has been holding back for a while. Indeed, Imani has been laying low for about two whole years, but the occasion of sharing a stage with Prince couldn't be turned down, especially not by her.

For the event, Imani decided to put her magic fingers at work and make herself a long wig that she dyed in purple, and it was a success. Although it was never a competition to begin with, Imani was the best looking girl on that stage (in the words of Prince).

She now had on a white bathrobe that had her nickname, 'Drixie', written in purple on the right side of her upper chest. Her eyes were quietly seeking for the cosmetic kit she left on the table earlier. When she found it, a small sigh of relief fled out of her mouth as she bent over to grab it, she needed to get all that paint off of her face.

Opening the bag, the first things she took out were a small bottle of makeup cleanser and a cotton-wool pad. As she was about to open the cleanser, she got interrupted by her two friends usual bickering.

"Lisa, you trippin'. She don't want your weirdo ass!" Tyler, Imani's long time best friend said before bursting out laughing.