𝟏𝟏. 𝐉𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐆𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐅𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐬.

"The moment I understood that Drixie was seriously in love with Michael was when I realized that she cared about what he thought of her. Imani never cared about anyone's opinions, so when I saw that she actually cared about his, I was like 'damn, you're really in love with that *bleep*!'"-Tyler Okonma to Oprah Winfrey.

 Imani never cared about anyone's opinions, so when I saw that she actually cared about his, I was like 'damn, you're really in love with that *bleep*!'"-Tyler Okonma to Oprah Winfrey

[AUGUST| 1987| CALI| 11pm]

omnicient.

His palms sweaty and his breathing heavy, Michael stared at the light brown door he stood right ahead of. From the time he first came to her house, waiting in front of her door has never been so nerve wracking for him, even their first date didn't make him so tense. Michael ignored for how long he's been lingering there, for how long he's been pondering there, soundlessly, visualizing all the possible ways this encounter could come about.

Sighing, he slowly wiped his hands against his pants, before fixing the black fedora resting over his head. It might've been the middle of the night, but it never made him safe from getting caught by some of the middle aged residents of the neighborhood.

Taking his set of keys in his hand, he grabbed with his fingers the one he was searching for. He knew she was well aware of his presence, when he parked his car on the driveway, he noticed her room was the only illuminated place inside, and for that very reason, she without a doubt saw him getting out of his car.

Michael meticulously entered the key inside the lock and gently turned it around twice, as if he was desperately trying to not make any noise. When the door was finally unlocked, he took a small deep breath and pushed it wide open, before he could even close the door behind him, the tiny white maltese who he's become friends with ran up to him while loudly barking in excitement.

A small smile slowly made its way onto his face, freeing him for a few seconds from his anxiety. Crouching, he began stroking the dog's head, quiet chuckles leaving his mouth, "Skipper, how're you doin'?" In response, Skipper sticked his tongue out, his tail moving from left to right.