𝟖. 𝐒𝐚𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞.

"NAKUPENDA PIA
NAKUTAKA PIA
MPENZI WE'"

"NAKUPENDA PIA NAKUTAKA PIA MPENZI WE'"

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

Los Angeles, 1987.

IMANI'S POV.

"SHE told me she wanted to take things to the next level...but I'm not sure to be ready for it!"

It was past midnight here in the dark yet, busy streets of South Central. Drug addicts roaming the streets in search of their next dose, prostitutes waiting for their next customers under the rough glares of their pimps, homeless men and women laid up against the wall with their hands out, praying that someone will have enough sympathy to give them at least one penny. And of course, the infamous dirty ground, that was covered by used cigarettes, wet pieces of paper and tooth picks.

That's what the projects in '87 looked like.

Lisa and I were standing in front of a new club that opened last week, we both knew that the best night clubs were located in the hood, especially if you were looking to get down to black music that wasn't being played in most city clubs, like Hip Hop. We spent the last two hours dancing, singing and shouting, as well as cussing men out due the lack of control over their 'masculine' impulses.

When our feet were hurting enough to the point where we couldn't groove anymore, we decided to call it a night. So Lisa was now telling me about her relationship with Cat Glover, the Prince dancer I had introduced her to about month ago.

"...and it's like, I like her-I really do. But a serious relationship? I think I'm way too young for that!"

I watched her reach out for the front pocket of her oversized black blazer, as she took out a red pack of Pall Mall cigarettes.

"Lisa, I don't know what I can do for you, all I can tell you is-I don't know...follow your heart?"

She put a cigarette in between her red colored lips before lighting it up. She rolled her eyes then frustratingly blew the smoke out of her mouth. The smoke flying straight to my face, I waved my hand in front of my eyes and took a few steps back, my black boots making several clacking sounds.

"The hell?" I managed to let out while coughing.

"My bad." Her eyes widen a bit before she walked closer to me. She let out a sigh while patting my back, "I'm just...conflicted."

"Well, let's just go home then, I don't like it when you get conflicted. You become almost as rude as Tyler."

She scoffed before shaking her head, "Impossible."