𝟏𝟓. 𝐅𝐨𝐨𝐥'𝐬 𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐝𝐢𝐬𝐞.

Fool's paradise,
You better think twice,
Cause it's not very nice.

 ❜

IMANI'S POV

IMANI'S POV.

𝐈'𝐕𝐄 𝐍𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐄𝐋𝐓 𝐒𝐎 𝐏𝐎𝐖𝐄𝐑𝐅𝐔𝐋 in my whole life.

I'd need more than ten fingers to count the number of times I've performed in front of a crowd, but none of them compared to the Yokohama stadium.

Music has always been an important part of my life, from the day I learned how to walk, up to now. It always kept me sane in the most hectic moments of my life ᠆ like a medicine, a free medicine that only produced positive side effects. But music was more than a hobby for me, or even a passion, it was a discipline which kept me grounded at all times. Music was a vessel that allowed me to connect with others, through a melody, a rhythm, a beat or lyrics. It went beyond cultures and languages, all you had to do was feel, and make your audience feel what you felt, in the most vulnerable and genuine way possible. 

I wasn't the shy type when it came to performing, but I was terrified when standing in front of my microphone, with the whole stage dark. My hands were sweaty, and my head was spinning ᠆ at moments like these, you start asking yourself the worst questions. What if I forget the lyrics? If I magically can't play the guitar? If I fall?
But learning how to control anxiety was also a part of the work, and when the chords of Proud Mary began playing, all stress was out the window the second I closed my eyes and opened them back.

I. Killed. It.

I couldn't even be fake modest about it, even if I tried to be. I danced my ass off, in a way I never did in my twenty three years of life. Foot works, spins, splits. Everything was effortless. I sang my ass off too, played every instrument ᠆ guitar, bass, drums, saxophone. My ass off. I built a great connection with an audience who didn't even know who I was when they first saw me, and left them wanting more, chanting my name. Literally. The show was televised live in the whole country, and I knew the ones watching it home loved it too.