𝟏𝟒. 𝐓𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐫𝐚 𝐓𝐚𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐌𝐞.

"Perfectionism is not something I have control over, it's inside of me, it's in my bones. I was taught to pay attention to every single detail, note, move...and to repeat, repeat, and repeat once more until I get it right. Perfection is real, and I'll reach it one day, no matter how much work I have to put in." -Imani Sade.

OMNISCIENT

OMNISCIENT.

2 Days before the show.

A frown plastered on her face covered with sweat, Imani repeated the same dance moves over and over again for the hundredth time, her mind wrapped up in the idea that she could execute them better than she did the previous time, which resulted in her drawing all the energy she was supposed to save for the concert.

Truth was, Imani hadn't realized that it was break time, and that she was the only one still on stage. She spinned around, made some footworks, shook her shoulders, sang, while everyone else was focused on getting some rest for fifteen minutes.

Perfectionism is often seen as a positive attitude, but Imani's sense of perfectionism was sickly.

Too absorbed by her practice, Imani didn't notice Michael walking on stage, a water bottle in hands and a white towel around his neck. Intrigued, he watched his girlfriend dance like she's been doing for the past fifteen minute, and placed one hand over his hip. "Don't you think you need a break?"

His question going in one ear and out the other, Imani continued what she was doing, blatantly ignoring Michael, who just stood there. Frowning, he asked a bit louder, "Did you hear what I just said?"

She ignored him once more, thinking it'd make him go away. Michael knew that one of the things Imani hated with a passion was getting interrupted while working. However, he still pressed on the matter by calling her out, his tone more demanding this time, "Imani, I'm talking to you."

Releasing a quick frustrated breath, Imani swiftly spun around to face Michael, who was standing a few feet away from her. Annoyed, she asked, provocation in her voice, "What?"

Taken aback by her tone, Michael frowned even more, confusion written all over his face, "I just told you that you should take a small break...you've been dancing non-stop since we got here."

Fighting the urge to suck her teeth, Imani turned back around and spoke dismissively, "I already told you, I don't need a break. Now leave me alone."

Getting back to what she was initially doing, Imani waved off Michael like dust, not realizing how obnoxious she was acting. Michael, who stayed unimpressed by her behavior, simply shrugged it off and sat down on top of one of the amplifiers, waiting for Imani to clock in what she did wrong.

After maybe three minutes, and three minutes would be a bit of a stretch, Imani stopped dancing and turned around, to see Michael still staring at her. Sighing, she slowly walked up to him, an exhausted and defeatist look on her face.