Chapter 52 - Risky Decision

WILLOW'S POV

The reflection staring back at me in the mirror is unrecognisable. My blood red hair is pinned back from my face in an elegant bun. I'm wearing a long fitted black dress that highlights the muscle I've worked so hard for these past few years. I sigh and turn away, a small part of me misses my carefree self. The girl who lived in San Francisco and fell hard and fast in love. The girl who thought she'd live a normal life.

A knock on my bedroom door snaps me back into reality as I wipe any sign of emotion from my face. Bella stands in the doorway wearing a boring blue dress, her blonde hair down and bouncing around her face.

"You look gorgeous." She compliments sweetly stepping into the room, a large perfect smile on her face.

"Thanks, likewise." I reply as I perch on the bed to put my heels on.

"It's a big day huh?" She chuckles, trying desperately to fill the silence.

"Is there something I can help you with?" I ask ignoring her previous question, not in the mood for small talk.

Her sweet smile drops for a split second before it spreads across her face again. "I just came to give you a ten minute warning, guests should be arriving soon."

Today is the day I take my place as leader of the New York gang and announce it to the world. Bella has organised a whole dinner with speeches from myself and Harry beforehand.

"Thanks, I'll be there in a minute."

She nods and finally leaves. I stare down at the sheet of paper sat on my bed for the 100th time today. On it, is the speech written by Harry that I am to say this evening. The words circle around my head over and over again, however they are not the words I will be saying.

I tuck my gun into the back of my dress and fix up my makeup in the mirror when someone bursts through the door. "What the hell?" I whip around to see who it is.

Harry strides into the room and looks me up and down. "Very good." He nods. I hold back an eye roll.

Standing in front him I feel weak and useless. I cross my arms over my chest and scowl at him.

"I have a surprise for you." He speaks, his voice light. He circles around me taking in my appearance once more.

"What's your surprise?" I ask turning to face him. Instead of responding he just smirks at something over my shoulder.

I turn and all the air leaves my lungs. "Hi Willow." Erika stands in the doorway with tears in her eyes and a small smile on her face.

I run to her and hug her tightly feeling my heart swell. I haven't seen Erika since the day my Mom died, seeing her again makes me feel genuine happiness, an emotion I have not felt in years.

"I didn't think I was going to see you again." I say breathlessly, pulling away. Her hair is the same shade of dark blue as it was all those years ago and she wears a sleek grey dress hugging her figure perfectly.

"I've missed you so much." She takes my hand and gives it a squeeze.

"As lovely as this is.." Harry interrupts. "It's time for our speeches. The guests are waiting."

I nod and hold onto Erika's hand. "You're coming aren't you?" I ask hopefully.

"Of course." She grins.

Harry leads us to a pair of double doors. Erika and I follow hand in hand, the sound of our heels against the marble floor filling my ears.

Zack and Bella stand side by side waiting for us. He gives me a wink as Harry leads me forward through the opening doors.