Chapter 41 - Kiss and Make Up

"Willow?" The voice stops me in my path. The tears welling up in my eyes threaten to spill as I turn on my heel to face him taking a deep breath.

Alec stands leaning against a sleek black car his hair is messy and he's wearing gym clothes. His toned arms are shining with sweat under the bright mid-day sun. It looks as though he's just come from a workout and I have to stop myself from drooling over how gorgeous he is.

Suddenly, all the lust I feel quickly turns to anger as all the awful words Lexi said to me come flooding back into my mind like opening the gates to a dam.

"How much money did you have to pay Alec for him to have sex with you?"

"What did you tell everyone?" I question stomping towards him, tears free falling down my face by now.

"What do you mean?" He asks baffled, pushing himself off the car to stand up straight.

"When I was gone, what did you tell everyone about me?" My voice is demanding yet on the verge of breaking any second.

"Willow, what are you talking about?" I can tell he's more concerned for me than about what I'm saying.

"Apparently I payed you to have sex with me. Is that what you've been saying?" I'm inches from him now my cheeks wet with tears and brows furrowed.

"What?! Of course not!"

"Well that's what everyone is saying."

"You really think I would tell people that?" Hurt and anger swirl together in his beautiful blue eyes.

"I don't know what to think Alec! All I know is that that's what people are saying about me!" It takes every muscle in my body to stop myself from sobbing at that very second. I may have been trained by a gang for the past few months but, I still have feelings and they can get hurt.

My mind is mush and all I can think about is how much those stupid words hurt me. "They're just fucked up rumours bored people make up to spice up their lives." Alec says to me, grabbing my hand in his, not sure how much affection I want from him. I let out a strained sob and wrap my arms around his waist burying my face in his chest.

Sobs escape my lips as my tears stain his top, he holds me tightly in his arms while resting his chin on my head.

"I didn't mean what I said to you last night." I speak quietly pulling away, showing Alec my red and blotchy face.

"I know."

"I love you so much Alec but, as selfish as it is, I just want a normal life." I look up and meet his gaze.

"It's not selfish Willow, I overreacted and I'm sorry. You deserve the most amazing life with friends, classes, careers and boyfriends."

"Alec, I don't want to lose you, not even for a happy future because it wouldn't be a happy future without you in it,"

Alec opens his mouth to protest but I cut him short. "That's why I want to go to college here, near you and my mom, the best of both worlds." A small smile finds it's way to my face as I see his eyes light up.

"You're staying in San Francisco?!" He asks his eyes wide with excitement.

"Of course I am." I grin, in a blink of an eye he wraps his arms around my waist and lifts me off my feet twirling me around. Making it certain in my mind that I've made the right decision.

"You've just made me the happiest man in the world." He captures my lips in his as we share this beautiful moment of love under the bright golden sun.