Chapter 27

Zain was not as it were mindful when he rested within the study only. In the morning his sleep got disturbed by a thump on the door. He got up in twitch and found himself in the study room.

Oops! I was here for the whole night? He thought

Again there was knock on the door. He asks to come inside. Tara enters inside.

Tara: Good Morning Sir! Shehnaaz Ma'am was asking about you.

Zain: What is the time Tara?

Tara: Sir! It's 9 am.

Zain: Did she have dinner? Did she take medicines?

Tara: No, Sir! I tried a few times but she didn't allow me to come into room..

Zain: Ok. Go And please get me lemonade.

Zain moves towards his room. He enters the room when he sees Naaz sitting in the balcony. Zain directly goes to her. Naaz feels his presence.

Naaz: Good Morning!

Zain: I am happy that you finding this morning happy.

Naaz: Yes, I am happy about this morning, actually about every morning. I won't lose hope.

Zain: I am sorry Naaz!

Naaz: I am sorry too. I was very rude to you. Did you have dinner?

Zain: No. I couldn't. I am sorry Naaz. I spoiled your mood. I spoiled everything. You took so much effort and I didn't appreciate it. Maybe I don't deserve you. But I can't leave you Naaz. I just can't.

He was sounding guilty. Naaz felt guiltier. She got shuddered with this feeling. She had her dinner at night with Sid but Zain didn't. She is the kind of girl who cannot hurt anyone unintentionally as well. She was feeling like she is deceiving him. She felt like she is taking advantage of his feelings.

Naaz: Can we stop this sorry game, please. Let's make it simple. We are still friends. Right?

Zain was happy that she was not angry at him. He was relieved.

Zain (happily): Yes Naaz! What can I do for you?

Naaz: You don't do anything. I want to do something.

Zain: Yes. Please tell.

Naaz: I want to make breakfast today. Can I? Please please please.

Zain's mind: How unpredictable this girl is! Yesterday she was so angry and now so composed.

I am really falling more for you Naaz. I have not seen such a pure soul before. I really want to keep you always happy.

Zain: Sure Naaz! You are the queen of this palace and you can do anything here. You can cook the breakfast.

Naaz: What would you like to have for breakfast? I don't know much about you. I would have asked Tara but then It's better to ask you.

Zain: Indian cuisine is fine for me. Anything you wanna make, I am more than fine with it.

Naaz: Ok. Let me move then. Get fresh and come fast.

Zain: Can I ask you something?

Naaz: shoot

Zain: Are you not scared about our engagement?

Naaz: Honestly I am not happy at all about it. You know the reasons. I don't love you. And I can't give you false hopes too. And also, do I have any option?

Zain: Today we will not get engaged. I am going to cancel it. But today there would be a party and I want to introduce you as my special friend to everyone. Is it fine for you?

Naaz was more than happy. She always knew Zain is not a bad guy. She wanted him to understand that love can't be forced. Obsession only leads to destruction. She wanted to win this battle with love.

Naaz: Thank you so much Zain! I can't tell you how happy I am! And yes you can introduce me as your special friend. I think I am the only special friend in your life. Ruthless ka tag jo pasand hai tumhe!

Zain: Did anybody tell you before that there can't be another piece like yours?

Naaz: Yes I am unique. Sid bhi bolata hai ki namuna hu main!

She bites the tongue.

Zain: It is ok Naaz. You don't have to be conserving about your feelings. We are friends. And friends can talk about anything. You don't need to think before talk. I like it when you talk with me without any hesitation. 

Naaz: What has happened to you? Kisi ne kaala jaadu kiya hai kya? Badi sensible baatein kar rahe ho? Let me check the temperature. 

Zain laughs at her antics.

Zain: Can I get one friendly hug?

Naaz agrees and he gives her a light hug. It was a genuine caring hug. Zain goes to routine and Naaz moves towards the kitchen. She was very excited to tell this to Sid.

Naaz in mind: haayye babaji! I need to talk to Sid. He must be busy in some plans. He must be worried. I know he doesn't show but he is in pressure. But how can I talk to him? She was passing by his room when she tries to peep in the room. She sees him working on a laptop. He was seriously working on something. Sid senses someone peeping in the room. He comes out to see. And he sees Naaz outside.

Sid: What are you doing here?

Naaz: I want to talk to you.

Sid: Wait for five minutes. Let me do something about these cameras again. We can't talk like this.

He goes inside does something on the computer and takes her inside.

Naaz: See I don't have much time so I directly come on point. My so-called engagement has been cancelled.

Sid: What???? Howw???

Naaz: Zain told me, there would be a party tonight but engagement plan has been canceled. I don't know, how exactly this happened? But it's good.

Sid hugs her tight and pecks her lips.

Naaz: My dear kullu, stop here! Aap ke irade nek nahi lag rahe. I am going to make breakfast. So get ready and come fast.

Sid: Oye! What's happening?

Naaz: Nothing! Now Mr. logical Shukla, don't think too much. Just come fast and don't get excited like yesterday. Ok?

Sid: Ok my jaan!

Naaz goes towards the kitchen and starts cooking with the same enthusiasm.