Chapter 38

3rd Person's POV

Tony sighed, pacing around his laboratory in the New Avenger's Facility. Tanya's words from almost two years ago still rang in his head. Though, thank you, Stark. You've landed me in my fourth prison cell and effectively ruined my life. How many other people have you done that to? He shook his head, ridding himself of the thoughts. He vaguely remembered Thor mentioning that Tanya had come to Earth looking for her father. He glanced at the many holographic screens nearby.

"No, Tony, don't let her get to you," He muttered to himself. "But she deserves to know," He countered. "She insulted you," He continued. "She's just a kid," He reminded himself. "Darn it, now is not the time to grow a conscience!" He sighed in defeat, crossing over to his screens.

"F.R.I.D.A.Y, search the building for any trace of Tanya Livdottir's DNA," Tony told his A.I. "Will do, sir," F.R.I.D.A.Y. said. "I've located a strand of the DNA of one Tanya Livdottir," F.R.I.D.A.Y. reported after a while. "Where is it?" He asked. "The conference room where you discussed the Sokovia Accords, the table in front of the third chair on the right side," F.R.I.D.A.Y. said.

Tony moved down to the conference room and the spot F.R.I.D.A.Y. told him. "Please highlight the DNA," He said, and a fingerprint started to glow on the table. He took the sample and brought it back to his lab. "Tony, what are you doing?" Rhodey came into the room. "Going against my conscience," Tony replied.

"Someone get a camera. History is being made!" Rhodey joked. "Oh, shut up," Tony snapped, pulling up a hologram of the strand. "Really, what are you doing?" Rhodey asked. "Trying to find someone's parents," Tony said, still focused on his work. "Who?" He asked.

"Remember that girl who slapped me?" Tony asked. "Vividly," Rhodey remarked. "Her's," Tony said. After a while, Rhodey wandered off again. After a long time of staring at the DNA at a loss, Tony got an idea.

"Scan the internet for people with a match to this DNA," Tony said. "On it, boss," F.R.I.D.A.Y. responded. Photos flashed across the screen, before settling on a picture familiar to Tony. He stared at it until the other picture came up. His eyes flickered over to it, then widened.

He knew the face staring back at him very well.