Chapter 34

"Tanya, get up. We're here," Romanoff jostled my knee and I shook my head, sighing as I sat up.

"And where is here, exactly?" I questioned groggily.

"Wakanda. We're going to visit T'Challa, see if he can help us," Ellie said, pulling a bag onto her shoulder.

"Help us with what?" I stood up, following them off the jet into the warm Wakandan light.

"You and Barnes. They might be able to fix you," Romanoff claimed, and I chuckled slightly.

"Good luck to them, I suppose," I muttered.

We stepped inside to be greeted with several soldiers, and a man flanked by two women. "King T'Challa. It is an honor," Ellie greeted, crossing her arm across her chest.

My jaw clenched, and I sank a little further back into the shadows. "The honor is mine. I believe some of you have met my sisters, Ch'tasi and Shuri?" the women beside him waved briefly.

"We were hoping you could assist our friends. They have ailments no normal doctor could fix," Romanoff said civilly.

"What kind of ailments?" Shuri asked, stepping forward.

"Brainwashing and a TBI," Romanoff said.

"And the inflicted?" Shuri continued.

"Mr. Barnes, and Miss Tanya, who is trying to vanish currently. Get in here, Tanya," Ellie grabbed my wrist, pulling me to the front of the group.

"Forgive me for my hes--hesit--not wanting to be close. The last encounter I had with a k--" I sighed through my nose, "--king was not pleasant."

"Well, I hope we can provide a more positive experience here in Wakanda," T'Challa said.

"Don't worry, the bar's very low," I assured him.

"Here, come, come. I shall look at the both of you in my lab."

-

"So you can fix it?" I asked, sitting up on the table.

"Yes. It should take me a few hours, but by sundown, I could fix your infliction. That is, of course, if you wish for me to go through with the procedure," Shuri said, tapping away on a holographic keyboard.

"Do it."