Epilogue

*7 years later* 

“FAYE CHRISTINA MENDES!!!!”

I heard the sound of tiny little footsteps as she looked at me innocently, “What’s wrong mommy?”

I tried to stay mad at her, but she was doing that adorable pouty face.

“Did you hide your dad’s car keys again?”

She giggled, “M-maybee..” Shawn gave me a look, and I sighed.

“What did I tell you about doing that last time?” I scolded her, “now your dad is going to be late to work!”

Faye brushed her long brown hair away from her face and looked down shamefully, mumbling, “sorry mommy.”

I crossed my arms, “Tell that to your dad,” I gestured to Shawn, who was watching this whole exchange with a small smile. He is enjoying this, I can just tell from the smug look on his stupid little face.

“Daddy, I’m sorry I hid your keys, please please please forgive me?” she grabbed onto his leg for added measure, knowing he couldn’t resist when she gave him that look.

“It’s okay baby girl, just tell me where the hiding spot is, okay? Daddy needs to get to work,” he spoke gently while also trying to pry her tiny little hands off his leg. He couldn’t get her to let go.

“But I don’t want you to go!!!” she whined, only clutching him tighter.

Maybe I should step in… But I'm enjoying this wayy too much.

Shawn mouthed the words, “Help me,” but I just shrugged with a smirk, wanting to see how this will all play out.

“Okayy, well how about this, you tell me where you hid the keys, and when I come back, I’ll bring a little present just for you. How does that sound?”

That sneaky little bastard, trying to buy his way out of this!

Her eyes sparkled as she let go of his leg, practically bubbling with overflowing excitement, “Really daddy, really? What is it, what is it? Is it ice cream?!!!"

She was practically screaming, now jumping out of excitement. I smiled at her over enthusiasm.

"No, something better. You'll just have to see when I come back. The faster you give me the keys, the faster I will be home," he teased with a large smile, tilting his head to the side.

"Noo, first, tell me what it is!!"

"Faye, baby, you gotta tell us where you hid them or else daddy won't bring you the surprise," I find myself butting into this lengthy conversation as I noticed how late Shawn was for his meeting at the studio.

She huffed, "Fine. I put it where no one ever looks. I put it in your jacket," Faye pointed to the jacket Shawn had on already.

I laughed at how stupid he was, not to check his pockets. 

"Shawn! How could you not check your pockets?!" I rolled my eyes, amused by his shocked expression when he saw that the pocket did indeed carry his car keys.

"Hey, don't blame it on me, they weren't on the counter!! And besides, I checked my jean pockets. I didn't think they would be in my jacket," he reasoned with an innocent look.

"Daddy you are too silly," Faye laughed as Shawn bent down to her level, "You are so clever." She ruffled his hair with a smile, "Now can I get my present now!!"

"Patience baby girl, you will get it when I come back. Now I gotta go, I'm already late because of you two, " Shawn stood up, shoved the usb stick into his pocket and walked to the front door.