Chapter 16

Shawn be having mood swings 😳

I continue singing to him until he flutters his eyes closed. I couldn't bring myself to sleep with him so close to me.

I wasn't used to having someone so close, not in a long time..

My hands reached out to touch him, without thinking. My fingers traced his abs on his stomach, observing the numerous works of art inked into his skin.

I have to have a child with this man. When he's sleeping, he seems so harmless. He just confuses me.

Sometimes I enjoy his company. He's sweet, caring, and playful, like when he got me that kitten and when we wrote that song.

But other times...he's full of anger, hatred, it's like he can switch so fast between the two, only seeing the color red. And that makes him go to very dark places to do bad things. The drinking. The smoking. The girls. 

But he's really too complicated for me to understand. I'll admit, he was better than I expected him to be. But he's still a mess.

A mess I can't and don't want to deal with. My father is being really difficult with me right now. 

I can't believe I'm forced to have sex with Shawn. And a baby? There's no way out. We have to do it soon. Both of our fathers are literally breathing down our necks.

Shawn groaned in his sleep and snuggled into the pillow, wrapping his leg on top of me.

Oh uhh, okay then. This caused me to move closer to his sleeping figure, which was radiating warmth. 

"Goodnight," I whispered into his chest as I fell asleep.

****

"Uhhh Shawn, your father is here. Did you call him?" I asked, looking through the security cameras.

"No…" he spoke, suddenly on edge as he stood up and practically shoved me out of the way to see. "Goddammit," he grumbled under his breath as he walked over to the door and opened it.

"What do you want," Shawn spoke cool and collected, but there was a certain edge that emerged when he spoke. 

I wouldn't want to get on his bad side.

"You and I need to talk privately about a few matters," Shawn's father Manuel spoke, and I could literally hear the smugness in his voice.

Shawn clenched his jaw and led his dad into his office for a private chat.

I fiddled with my phone, looking at the posts Shawn and I had posted. Millions of likes, that's crazy. The amount of followers I had was growing immensely.

Yay. I'm more famous. Exactly what I wanted. Note the sarcasm. Stormy got up and sat on my lap, and I spent time with him.

Shawn and his father discussed for 2 hours, before his dad left without even acknowledging my presence.

"You okay?" I asked, knowing very well he wouldn't open up to me.

He absolutely ignored my question, proceeding to open the fridge. He stood there for a couple of seconds observing the contents before sighing out of frustration and shutting the fridge.

"Can you just not right now," he hisses sharply. "I'm not doing anything though," I answered back to him, equally rude in return. 

"Could you leave? You're not really helping," he spoke harshly, and I swallowed a lodge in my throat.

"Okay," I answered simply, even though I hated that he talked to me like that. Fighting with him is no use, he's just stubborn and won't compromise.