Chapter 29

I awake in the midst of night. I checked the clock- 5 am.

What am I doing awake? I glance at the serene figure of Shawn sleeping. I think I'm going to get some fresh air.

I moved his heavy arm off of my body and slipped back into my clothes.

Sudden pain shot through my stomach, so I dashed to the bathroom. Shit, I'm bleeding. I thought you don't get your period when you're bleeding?

Dismissing it as nothing, I placed a pad and went back to the living room.

"Hey boy!" I whispered as Stormy approached me. I had been so busy that I didn't give him much attention, and he had grown so fast.

"Come, let's go outside," I put him down and he followed me quietly. Such an adorable, obedient little kitty.

"Although you are so big now aren't you," I spoke. I'm crazy because I'm talking to a cat, but maybe he understands me?

I'm probably just crazy.

I slid the glass door open and left it open. I walked around the pool, being careful not to fall like Shawn had once did when he was drunk.

I sat on the glass railing. If I fell, I would plummet 5 stories to my death, but it felt nice. With a bustling city underneath me and in front, it felt calming..

Stormy let out a meow, as if warning me to be careful. "Don't worry, I've done this a lot. Nothing will happen."

I gripped the railing as I stared at the flashing lights.

This feels like the peak of my life. Happily married to a man I love, an adorable little pet and a baby on the way.

I knew everything would work out, it was just a matter of time.

The wind felt good against my skin, and I basked in the feeling. A rough path of wind threw me off balance, and before I knew it, I was falling.

Down, down.

"Fuck," I cursed as my hands clasped the edge of the railing, the only thing preventing me from plummeting to my death.

Tears threatened to spill out of my eyes- I don't want to die!

I have so much to live for right now. My life path finally cleared its way to goodness, and right after it's going to end?

After all I've been through to get where I am today? I can't let that happen. I simply won't allow it.

Think, think think. How do I get myself out of this mess? I can hear the timer to my death ticking in my mind.

Use you're fricking brain. Maybe Shawn is awake, maybe he can hear me if I scream. "SHAWNN HELP, PLEASE HELP," I screamed as loud as I could repeatedly, ignoring the pain it brought my throat.

I can feel my hands grow sweaty as my grip loosens around the glass. How much longer can I hold on for?

Please help me. Time is ticking.

Maybe if I give into the darkness, it will hurt less.

Shawn P.O.V.

Where did Amber go? Did she leave me already?

I stared at the empty bed and touched the space where she was sleeping. Still warm. She just got up a few minutes ago.

At this hour? Something must be wrong.. Maybe she's regretting us.

I walked to the kitchen and drank a glass of water. Unsettling worry is making my throat parched.