Chapter 35

My fingers curl and the end and I press my fingers against the door, knocking just loud enough for him to hear on the other side.

"Come in," a hard voice presses, seemingly distracted. I turned the doorknob and looked at the cluttered mess.

"You busy?" He pulled out another drawer, shuffling through the files. I tread towards the center of the room carefully, trying not to step on anything.

"Just, looking for something," he groans, "can't seem to find anything in any of these stupid cabinets."

"Well, what are you looking for?" He tugged at the end of his hair, overwhelmed by paperwork. "Why do you have so many files anyway?"

I picked one up from the floor and read it before he could answer me.

Shawn Mendes the Tour~ 2018-2019

Cost Benefit Analysis

Grossed $96.7 million

Tickets sold: 1.3 million

Profit took a 176% increase from Shawn mendes Illuminate World Tour

It got boring from there so I stopped reading. "You won't believe how much paperwork there is behind the scenes of it all." He explains to me.

"Contract after contract, there's never an end," he shuffles through another pile of papers.

"What exactly are you looking for?" Maybe I can help. "I'm looking for our contract, Andrew wanted to review it for future events. It's in this blue folder."

My face brightened up as I realized something. "I know where that is, I just saw that the other day," I scurried out of his office and went to our bedroom, opening the storage cabinet on the right.

My fingers rummaged through the pile of important documents until I found the blue file and then brought it to Shawn.

"Here you go sir," I tipped my imaginary hat and did a small curtsy before handing it to him. He smiled at me, amusement laced in his expression, "How'd it get over there??"

I shrugged.

"Did you need something?" He asked as he shoved some papers back into a cabinet, not so delicately. Then again, Shawn wasn't the delicate type of person.

"Oh uh yeah, but it's okay, I can come back later," I shrugged, collecting the files from the floor and setting them on his cluttered desk.

"No, tell me. Is it important?" He asked, stepping from behind the desk and walking to face me. I shrugged but nodded anyway.

When he confronted me like this, I don't know, nervousness was pining up in my chest.

"You okay?" He tilted my head up with his finger on my chin. "I read your diary," I blurted out, my eyes widening as I realized how blunt I was.

He paused. "I know." "But how?" He smiled at me, "You were hugging it in your sleep Am, did you really expect me not to notice?" I chuckled, blush creeping into my cheeks.

How is it that even after all this time, I still get nervous around him? Am.

"I'm sorry, it was just open on the bed and there's no excuse for reading it, but I was curious and I thought it was something else, " I rambled on. He laughs it off, "You know I left it out so you could read it, so don't worry about it. How much of it did you read?"

Was that a hint of worry etched into the lines on his forehead?

"Oh just last week. I want to thank you. Everything you did to me was...I know I wasn't mentally aware of what you did at the moment, but you still took care of me.

Life Behind the Curtains: $old. (Shawn Mendes Fanfic)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें