Chapter 14

I left you guys on a cliffhanger, I'm sowwy :(

Here's the next chapter- buckle up!

***

"Shawn look I-" I try to explain myself, but his jaw was locked and boy, did he look mad.

"You, get the hell out. Make sure the media doesn't see you," he pointed to Tyler and he rolled his eyes. 

"Think about it Am," Tyler speaks before he walks out of the door.

"Who is he? You said you invited a friend over. Is this your idea of a friend?" He asks, tugging his dark brown curls.

"He was my ex. We just had to clear some things up Shawn. What you saw, that isn't what it seemed at all," I groaned. I don't even know why I'm even wasting my time on this conversation.

"Well, all I care about is that you violated a rule," he practically growled. I mentally slapped myself for forgetting about the rules.

"Well, that gives you the freedom to break one," I scowled at him while storming out of the living room, grabbing my phone and heading to the bathroom.

I sit down on the floor and lean my back against the door of the bathroom. 

I call Melissa, and she picks up right away. "Hey what's u-" she pauses as she notices the state I'm in.

"Oh my god Am, are you okay?" I touch my face, trying to hold back the tears. I can't cry for this. I'm not that weak.

"I just don't know Mel, it's just Tyler came by to see me and he told me all the wonderful things about how we could get back together, and then he kissed me and then Shawn found out and he got really mad and then we-" I rambled, trying to juggle the weight on my shoulders.

"Woah woah woah, slow down. Tyler wants to get back together?" I simply nodded to her. "Have you forgotten what he did to you? I know you still love him, but seriously Amber, you can't forgive him that easily. After hell he put you through for weeks?" 

Mel was right. As always.

"And Shawn's mad at you? Well he should be," Mel shrugs, "You shouldn't have kissed Tyler-you have a husband!" I groan, "I knoww, I tried to tell him to stop, but I didn't try hard enough. Maybe because I wanted it, in a way."

"Okay, but Amber, I have a question for you. But I need you to answer genuinely," Melissa insists, and I nod.

"Is there anything going on between you and Shawn?"

Ah. The million dollar question.

"To be honest with you, I don't know. He really aggravates me so much, but there's this other side of him that's sweet, playful, and vulnerable. I just, don't know. I'm confused I guess."

Mel nods, but she has this knowing look in her eyes, "And who's a better kisser?"

I groaned, wanting to smack her with a pillow, "MEL!!!"

We laughed but she added, "Did you feel anything when you kissed Shawn?"

I gulped. Be honest, Amber. "I did. I felt like I was drowning into him."

She raised an eyebrow but didn't comment, "And what about Tyler? Are your feelings as strong as they were months ago?"

"When I looked into Tyler's eyes, I felt loved, and he looked at me like I was the only girl in the entire world. But there was something..different. His kiss was so sweet..I- I don't understand.." I trailed, trying to gather my thoughts.

"Well, my friend, all I have to say is: You are in deep shit," Melissa summarized for me. 

"Wow, you were soo helpful," I smile sarcastically, but I internally thanked her. Thanks to her, my thoughts were a bit more organized now.