"Was I not angry at you? Are we not here now? That is not an excuse. Instead, she picked up her phone and reported me to Ronke."

"You know how Omotola is, she doesn't like trashing issues in the heat of the moment, She wants everything to be calm first. Everyone knows you wouldn't have listened anyway, you didn't even take Ronke's calls. You avoided everyone."

Efe attacked me.

"The truth is, at that moment I really wanted out from the whole drama. I found peace and I wasn't ready to let it go. I was tired of the toxicity of our friendship, it became a competition for marriage. I am genuinely happy for her, I really am and that is because I have learnt to love myself and healed, I have learnt to see myself as a beautiful woman who absolutely nothing is wrong with and is patiently waiting for God's time."

"Hmm" Efe sighed. She was listening to me intently.

"If this her engagement had happened before now, I would have taken it the wrong way, It would have sparked thoughts in my head, I guess I would have been depressed or even develop high blood pressure but look at me" I said pointing to myself "I am happy for her genuinely, I am happy for the understanding I now have and where I am now. I believe God is leading me to the place called the best."

"True." You've really improved Nosa.

"Thanks" I smiled. "I met someone new, a gentleman and even if this doesn't go as planned I wouldn't kill myself. Because then, it means that he isn't mine and that..."

Her phone started to ring.

"It's mumsy. It's quite late, why is she calling?"

She quickly swiped her screen to answer the call.

"Hello mummy, good evening ma." She paused to listen to what her mother said and replied "I've not been on social media for almost two hours, I don't know what's happening there." She paused again. "What?!"

I also hadn't had time to go online on social media because of my date, when I came back, I freshened up immediately before the call and then our conversation.

"Thanks, I'll check it out now. Bye." She bade her mom and ended the call.

"What's happening on social media" I asked her.

"My mom said Jamie wrote something about me on Instagram." She answered quickly as she started swiping her screen.

I quickly rushed inside to get my phone and logged in on Instagram. When I got back to the sitting room, she was in another call. Immediately that call ended, another one came in.

"Flight mode!" She shouted! "These people are already bombarding my phone."

"Efe!" I called her name.

"Yeah?!"

"Come and see the epistle that your boyfriend wrote about you on Instagram." I called her. It was long! He had uploaded their engagement pictures with a very long caption.

"Ex-boyfriend" she corrected.

I'm not sure he's going to remain an ex after reading this epistle. I smiled to myself.

She sat down next to me as we both viewed the message. In a caption to one of the engagement photos he uploaded on Instagram he wrote;

"Hey baby! I'm sorry I had let you down, I'm sorry I didn't tell the world about us when I needed to, I'm sorry that in a bid to save my face I lost you, I'm sorry that you had to go through the pain and heart ache of thinking that I had cheated on you and making the world believe that another woman was mine. I really wished the media who had uploaded pictures and videos of me and a video vixen @plush__ failed to upload the part when I gently pushed her off me. She is a lady, I didn't want to be rude. I had never met her prior to that birthday party. Thanks to the bloggers who had a big hand in this, who were quick to copy and paste an unverified information on their blogs for clicks and likes, but in all, thanks to you who has made me realize how enormous my feelings are for you and how I can't spend another day without you being mine. I would have reached out to you privately if you hadn't blocked me on all platforms. I love you @realefe. My time with you was never a waste."

"Wow." Was all I was able to say. I handed the phone to Efe, I knew she would want to read it again.

So he didn't cheat after all. But his stubbornness to refute the whole claim brought this on him.

She clicked on the username name of the video vixen he had tagged. She uploaded a picture she took with Jamie at the birthday party with the caption;

Yo! I've spoke with @Jamietheproducer and I decided to do this. Guys! I didn't know him personally prior to Kizzy's birthday party. I was just tryna have fun, I didn't know he was in a relationship. I'm sorry to the Beautiful lady I had offended 😩 Bloggers una try o!

"Do you still love him?" I asked her.

"Feelings just don't go away Nosa, I had accepted to marry him, that should tell you the level of feelings I have for him. But I'm not messaging him or unblocking him either. He can't just have it all with a single post on Instagram, he has to work for it."

"Have fun." I took my phone and walked inside the room.

*

At the end of it all, there are no formulas for keeping a man or a relationship, allow God to lead you. Don't say because Miss A did it one way and it worked for her means that it would work for Miss B. I love y'all.

Glossary:

Una try o! - You guys tried (in this context, it was sarcasm).

What do you think about Nosa's date?

What do you think about Jamie?

What should Efe do? She needs your advice 😢

Don't forget to vote