18. GIRLS LIKE GIRLS ☑️

Start from the beginning

Kayla sat in shock as she watched Mr. Schue force Santana and Mercedes apart during their duet. It was a great performance. Brandy and Monica really suited their voices, but seeing that they were fighting over Puck had Kayla on the verge of laughing.

"Trust me, guys. Puck's good, but he's not that good." Before she'd even realized, it hit her that she just admitted to losing her virginity to Puck.

"You're not a virgin?" Finn asked, confused. Rachel smacked his shoulder at the inappropriate question and instead directed her rage to Puck.

"You slept with her?" Rachel yelled, getting ready to take off her flat and throw it at his head.

Kayla jumped to action, holding Rachel's wrist to prevent her from any shoe throwing.

"Guys, it's okay. Not that it's particularly anyone's business, no, I'm not. And I'm perfectly fine with that, thanks."

After the conversation died down (though Rachel was still glaring at Puck), along with Mr. Schuester berating the group for talking about such a vulgar topic, Kayla leaned over to Finn.

"You know, you did a good performance, but Rachel and Jesse are together. You need to accept that." Kayla said softly.

Finn took offense. "And you need to accept that she'll never want you back."

Kayla took a deep breath, closing her eyes as she leaned back in her seat. She knew he was only saying that because he was upset, but it didn't make it hurt any less.

←⧪→

"For having literally no friends, you sure have a horrible personality." Kayla laughed, unlocking the front door of her house afterschool as she was on the phone.

"I have standards when it comes to my companionship, princess."

Kayla physically gagged at the nickname, making the other caller laugh in response.

Never in all her sixteen years of life did she think she was going to be buddy-buddy with not only her past competition for Regionals but also the boyfriend of the love of her life. Somehow, through the "Run Joey Run" debacle and Kayla's blatant serenade to Rachel, she and Jesse had found it in themselves to become best friends and neither minded the fact. Despite the notion that they were both madly in love with Rachel, they didn't see each other as competition anymore and they were growing into a friendly unit. So much so that Kayla had to tell him what happened at glee rehearsal earlier.

"Listen, I have to go, but I—I'm gonna send you a video. I want you to remain calm. I've totally got everything under control, but I didn't want to keep this from you." Kayla started.

She could just see Jesse's face contorting in confusion. "You're scaring me, Garrett."

"Just—watch it and you'll understand. Love you," Kayla said, quickly hanging up.

She sent the video not too long after ending the call. She knew Jesse was not going to like it. Hell, it made Kayla's blood boil when she watched it live. Never in all her years and never in all her time in glee had she ever thought Finn would perform "Jessie's Girl." A part of her just felt sorry for everyone involved. She felt bad for Jesse because just about everyone was in love with his girlfriend. She felt bad for Finn because he was so in love with Rachel that he would do just about anything to get her attention. She felt bad for Rachel because Finn's performance had totally embarrassed her, but most of all she felt sorry for herself. She shouldn't have been the one pissed off at Finn's performance, but she still wanted Rachel so bad. No one was happy here. She missed the days when they were doing "Proud Mary" and performing at Sectionals. Before everything got so complicated.