/66/ Hypnotised

Izzy

My head feels like it might explode. I took a look at each of the boys as the conversation continued. I was lost but I stopped listening about halfway through. I asked questions here and there but I couldn't listen to it. These four boys that I barely knew were telling me my life story. It didn't sound like me. I don't know whom they were talking about. It wasn't me. It definitely was not me. I wouldn't befriend groupies because I didn't want to be alone. I'm stronger than that, right? If that was really me, the girl they spoke about, then boy had I changed.

As their story came to an end, I felt my head shaking without realizing it, like I was trying to deny the facts they had spent a few minutes telling me.

"What's wrong?" Michael asked when he noticed me beginning to freak out.

"I can't, Michael."

"Tell me." He whispered as he pulled me tightly into his arms. I felt myself growing even more frustrated. I looked him in the eyes before realizing what I needed to do.

"I just can't do it!" I yelled as I felt all of my emotions pour out of me.

"Can't do what?" I heard Ashton question.

I stood up and gesture to the four boys in front of me. "This!"

"What do you mean?"

"I...I need to think things through." I spoke hesitantly as I was unsure if I was about to do the right thing.

"Okay. We'll leave you alone for a bit so you can think about everything. We'll be right outsi-" I quickly cut Luke off once I realized where his statement was headed. He didn't understand.

"No, Luke. I really need to be...alone." I spoke softly without making eye contact. I could feel the tension in the room grow. It was almost unbearable. I was afraid to look up and see their faces. I knew I had shocked them.

"What are you saying?" I heard Calum ask eagerly awaiting an answer.

"I need to go home."

"But you are home. We are your home." I could hear the plead laced throughout Ashton's words.

"No, you're not. My home is New York. You told me I haven't been there since we were in LA. You said LA was a few months ago."

"But Iz-"

"No, Michael. I have to see my house, my friends, my former life." I could tell they wanted me to stay with them, but I couldn't. I needed to see what the old me had been doing before I met these four amazing and caring boys. "Please."

"Okay." I heard Michael mumble.

The next few hours were hectic. Calum went online to buy me two tickets to LAX then to JFK airport since I had to take a connecting flight. He wanted to buy two so someone could come with me so I wouldn't be alone, but I refused to take any help even though I knew I would regret it.

"You're flight is set for five in the afternoon." Calum spoke softly as he handed me my passport and flight information.

"But it's already two-thirty." I began to panic as I realized I had very little time to get from Michael's house to the flight gate.

"Grab your bags and we'll leave, okay? Hopefully traffic isn't too bad." I turned around to head up the stairs but stopped when I saw a head with messy red hair walk down holding my luggage. I thanked him and grabbed my carry-on bag to make sure I had everything.

"Guys! Let's go!" Michael's mom, Karen, gave me a quick goodbye and told me how she wished we had had more time together. We piled into Michael's car, well it was Karen's car but she let him borrow it for the moment.