/16/ She's Got A Way

Previously

Izzy's POV

"Thank you so so much." I squeezed him tighter.

"I'll miss you." He whispered. "Be careful. People aren't always what they seem."

//

Luke's POV

As soon as we realised that we had forgotten about the almighty Management, we drove to the tour bus in an anxious silence with the occasional sigh from Michael. Michael was sitting upright and driving with two hands on the wheel. His knuckles were a purple-ish white from how hard he was gripping the wheel. I leaned over so I could whisper in his ear.

"Hey...You okay? You've been kinda quiet for the last few hours and now you seem a little irritated." I was trying to be as kind as possible. I didn't want to start any arguments.

"I'm fine." I couldn't detect any emotion in his voice.

"Okay. I know you're lying but just know that I'm here if you need to talk." I told him.

"Whatever." Soon after he said that, he jammed his hand down on the car horn and swerved around a car that almost hit us.

"What happened?!" Ashton yelled.

"Nothing. A car almost hit us but I went around before they could." Michael said bluntly.

"Oh... No big deal." Calum said sarcastically.

"Well at least he got us out of the way." I interrupted before it turned into a big argument.

"Thank you Luke." Michael turned around for two seconds to look at me, gratefully. I patted his shoulder. We began pulling into the back driveway of Best Buy Theatre. We could spot our black tour bus from where we were.

"I'll go inside and return the keys for the rental. Why don't you guys go talk to management." He didn't say it as a suggestion. It was more of a demand.

"Okay, but you should be there too. So we'll wait until you get back, okay?" Cal told him.

"Whatever." Michael walked away to the back of the venue with his shoulders slumped and a sigh.

//

"What's up with Mike? He seems...not Mike." Cal asked us. We were sitting in the lounge area on the tour bus, chatting and eating.

"Are any of you fighting with him?" I questioned them. Cal looked at me confused while Ash avoided eye contact.

"Well, whatever. Someone get management's number on their phone so we'll be ready for when Michael comes back." Ash said changing the subject.

"I've got them, ready to be dial-" He was interrupted by Michael entering the bus.

"What did management say?" He asked while stomping to the back of the bus.

"We were waiting for you, then we would call them. As a band. I told you this already." I glared at him. He turned around and walked back to sit down with us by the tables.

"Fine. Call them. They'll probably say no, anyway." He flicked his purple hair out of his eyes and flashed us his inpatient look.

"What the hell is wrong with you, man?" I knew Cal would blow up over this. "I don't know why you're acting this way and you're refusing to discuss it with any of us. Don't take whatever you're upset about out on us."

"Whatever." Michael received another glare from Calum because of his response.

"Okay, let's call management. We're just asking if we can bring a friend, right? What's the backup plan if they say no? We need one just in case."