Chapter 21|Psycho

En başından başla

"I heard you went all crazy, no surprise," I say with humour laced in my voice.

She chuckled, the sound giving me goosebumps on my arms, "you never seize to amuse me Antonio," she says my name as if it were venom on her tongue. "So tell me, how is it outside?" She said, like 'outside' seemed foreign to her. "And that... that-"

"Actually that's why I'm here," I cut her off, knowing she was talking about her gang... And probably Bianca.

Her eyes narrowed, "I have no business with them anymore."

"You should, they put you in here. They turned you into this-"

"Don't you think I know that!" She snapped, slamming her hands on the table, her eyes wide. She stood, and leaned over the table, her face coming close to mine. I didn't react, I kept my expression blank. "It's been five years. I got over it."

"If you really got over it, you wouldn't be here. You wouldn't be one of the most unstable prisoners in your prison. If you really got over it, you wouldn't have lost it," I snap at her. "I came here for a reason and I'd like to say it so sit the fuck down you stubborn bitch," I tell her, my voice low and demanding.

She didn't say anything and slowly sat back down, her red rimmed eyes never leaving me. "I don't want any part of anything you want."

"Hear me out."

She growled. As in growled. Darn animal.

"Be quick," she snaps.

I smirked in satisfaction, "Bianca and Asher aren't together," I tell her, her eyes shoot to me in surprise. "They broke apart after Asher confessed about killing her mother."

"He killed her mother?" She says in surprise.

"I'm surprised you don't know. But he did," I say. "And Bianca moved away with Jasmine. Most of the others spread apart for some time after the war. They all think it's a perfect ending, that everyone's happy," my hands clenched tightly in a fist as a pain shot through my chest.

Zoe giggled, and the giggles kept coming before she broke out into full blown laughter. She leaned back on the chair, laughing loudly, the chilling sound echoing in the empty room.

"You lost your mother didn't you?" She said with a smirk. "Ronaldo killed her, didn't he?"

I scowled, "I didn't come for your assumptions-"

"I'm not assuming."

I let out a hard breath. "The Rodriguez took everything from me, and I know for a fact that they did to you too. He killed both your parents and your-"

"That was a long time ago-"

"But it must still hurt."

She snapped her head to the side, as if she heard a sound in that direction. I followed her gaze but saw nothing. When I looked back at forward her eyes were on me.

Creepy...

She tilted her head to the side slowly, the chains jingled beneath the table. She didn't speak for a while, "so what's your point? You want revenge?" She said, humour in her voice. "Grow up Antonio."

"I want her dead."

"And you waited five years?"

"I had to plan it all. That Dane guy has had her on maximum protection and she doesn't even know it. He's had spies watching over her all these years! It's not going to be easy, especially if it's just me."

"So you came for help-"

"You've known his techniques for a long time, you know their tricks. Their secrets. If you help, we might be able to take them all down."

"You do realise, it's two of us against a whole gang of well trained assholes," she points out sassily. A smirk tugged my lips.

"Who said its just two of us?"

She raised an eyebrow. "Meaning?"

"You're not the first I've come to."

She placed a hand on her chest feigning hurt, "so I'm not a first choice? I'm hurt."

"I had to save the best for last," I tell her and she grinned, showing her stained teeth. I cringed at the sight of her face. The prison and asylum didn't do her any good.

"What if I don't help you?"

"You want her dead don't you?" I answer her question with another question, "don't act like you haven't been waiting for this opportunity for months, years. You might feel like you've forgotten, but there's still this ache in your heart. You regret not finishing killing her that rainy night."

She hummed, I noticed her jaw clench in thought and she stared hardly at the table. "I..."

"You could even kill him too," I tell her. She knew who I was referring to. The man that broke her heart.

"And what do I get from this, just a few dead bodies? So what? It doesn't make a difference, my family won't come back."

"You'll have power. So much power, you'll forget all about your family. And all about everyone and thing you've lost."

"What kind of power?"

"Join me, and you'll find out."

She sighed, "Antonio..."

"You'll probably need time to think about it," I said, getting on my feet. "I'll be back in a week." I gave her a curt nod and made my way to the door.

"A week is too long," she called out from behind me as I walked away. I paused in my steps, but I didn't look back at her because I didn't want to have to stare at her face any longer.

"So?"

"I-I'll help."

A grin formed on my lips and I hesitantly turned back to give her one last look. Wish I didn't.

"It will be a pleasure having you join us, Zoe."

--------

I'm so exited for you all to read more of the book, it's driven me crazy just writing it with the things that happen. There's so much Broken didn't reveal about everyone, and so much more to the death of Bianca's mom... let's not even get into the new characters we've met that have their own drama...

I have a feeling Reborn is going to be longer than expected, maybe even longer than Broken. Or should there be a third book?🤔

I'm talking too much. I'm sorry😂

I'm updating soon. I hope you enjoyed the chapter!

Stay safe💛 Also leave a vote please, I'd really appreciate it!💛

Elizi❤️