He felt Sebastian's fingers against his throat and Beldon's foot shot out, swinging to the side, knocking Sebastian's feet right out from under him. He slammed down on top of Beldon, winding them both, but Beldon managed to shove Sebastian off him, stumbling to his feet and running out, slamming the door closed behind him and racing away. He almost collided with the mirror wall in his panic, shoving it open and falling through, ramming his weight against it to close it again.

"Beldon?"

He whirled to see The Beast appearing in one of the doorways.

"Are you here to use the mirr-Beldon?" he said in shock as Beldon raced past him, straight out onto one of the balconies, wrenching the curtains closed and collapsing to the floor, shaking as he heard the mirror open.

"Sire."

He froze at Sebastian's voice.

There was a pause then, "Yes Sebastian?"

"Has Beldon come in here? I need to speak to him."

No pause this time. "No, I haven't seen him."

"I see." There was a pause from Sebastian this time, then, "Any luck today, Sire?"

"I'm right in the middle of it, Sebastian, and you're disturbing me," The Beast said and Beldon recognised that chilled dismissive tone.

"Of course, Sire, my apologies. I shall leave you be." The sound of doors opening and closing and then silence fell.

Beldon sat back, leaning against the wall, tilting his head back, pressing his hand to his face.

He heard the rustle of the curtains and sensed The Beast kneel down beside him but didn't look at him.

"What was that?" The Beast said softly.

"Nothing," Beldon muttered, "We had a collision of interests, and it seems we don't like each other."

"I'm sorry to hear that," The Beast said and Beldon could hear the doubt in his voice.

"Really, its fine," Beldon said, lowering his hand. The Beast caught it, looking at it, then looking at Beldon.

"Then why are you shaking?" he asked gently.

"Adrenaline rush," Beldon said simply, "It happens when I get into an argument." He pulled his hand back and folded his arms tight against his chest, looking out over the lake.

The Beast looked at him for a long moment, then finally sat down beside him and leant back, looking out over the lake as well, his arm brushing Beldon's. Beldon let out a breath and closed his eyes.

"Sorry," he muttered, "I didn't mean to bother you."

"I don't mind," The Beast said.

"What were you doing?"

"Using the mirror."

"Did you find anything?"

"Maybe."

Beldon looked at him. "Did you see someone?"

"For a second, I only caught a glimpse of hair though."

"The hair?"

"Whoever I saw was a blonde."

Beldon blinked, then drew back. "Do you think it was Rosalia?" he asked slowly.

"I don't know, it was for such a short moment I barely had time to take in the details before it was just the rose garden again."

Beldon was quiet for a moment. "Oh," he muttered, then leant his head back again, "Well I'm sure it'll become clearer soon enough."