•°²⁴°• The Date

Start from the beginning

"Stop staring" Jeongguk said.

"Request denied" Taehyung said. "You're rather good to look at"

Jeongguk scoffed. "Same goes to you, Kim" Jeongguk said, turning his head to look at Taehyung.

Taehyung laughed. Jeongguk was grinning as he watched the younger. "It's nice to hear you laugh"

"Yeah?"

"Yeah. A nice sound. I like it a lot. You should laugh more"

"Ok you're flirting now" Taehyung said.

"Really? Is this what you call flirting? I thought it was things like 'Are you a parking ticket? Because you've got fine written all over you'"

"No! Ew!"

"Can I follow you where you're going right now? 'Cause my parents always told me to follow my dreams"

"Oh my god, no! Please no!" Taehyung said, as he fake-gagged. "I will stand up and leave if you ever say a pick up line again"

Jeongguk laughed. "You should do that more often"

"Do what?"

"Smile"

Taehyung's cheeks started burning. He saw Jeongguk smirking at him. "I thought you said you can't flirt"

Jeongguk chuckled. The two men sipped their steaming hot drinks in comfortable silence. Taehyung munched on the delicious muffin Jeongguk had bought him. The way Jeongguk started at him with a smile playing at his lips didn't go unnoticed by Taehyung.

"Who was that girl?" Jeongguk asked after a while.

"Who? Dahyun? Oh my ex"

Jeongguk's smile was slapped off his face. "Your ex?"

Taehyung swore that look Jeongguk had on that moment was priceless. He stifled up his laughter.

"You're still in contact in with her? Do you still like her?" Jeongguk had his eyebrows furrowed.

Taehyung couldn't hold it. He burst out laughing. Jeongguk looked at him, confused. "What are you laughing at?" He sounded angry.

"I'm...sorry" More laughter. It took him a few moments to control his laughter and compose himself. He wiped a tear off his eye. "You should've seen the look on your face. I should've recorded it!"

Jeongguk just stared.

"She's not my ex. She's my cousin! Besides she's older than me" Taehyung started laughing again.

Jeongguk pouted. "You lied"

"I'm sorry. I needed to see your reaction"

Jeongguk kept staring at the window.

"Oh come on" Taehyung reached and placed his hand over Jeongguk's, which made Jeongguk turn his head to look at him. "She's like a best friend to me. Besides you're the first person I've-"

Dated

The word was on the tip of Taehyung's tongue. It hung in the air, left unsaid. Taehyung didn't know why he almost said it. His heartbeat was erratic in his chest. Jeongguk and he weren't dating for fuck's sake. What was he thinking?

"You've what?"

"Nothing" Taehyung said quickly. "Been in this kind of relationship with?"

"And I thought it was my daughter" Jeongguk said. "You're still dating her?"

"Yeah" Taehyung said. "But not exactly. Like, her fake boyfriend?"

"I'll have to do something about this. I don't understand why she is so desperate even after you cheated on her. Wait...on second thought...I get it"