✫part 30✫

(I love reading y'all's comments please continue them😭😂)

*Colby's pov*

We were all now at the Barbecue and I was watching Layla play with Jack as he chased her around while she was a wolf. Obviously, she was being careful while playing with him. She's an angel she wouldn't hurt a fly if it came down to it.

We have been here for almost an hour and it's a pretty great turnout. My other aunt's and cousins arrived and were all conversing over near where my friends where. The food's almost ready too so I can't wait for that.

"Someone took my Oreos... and I know it wasn't the demon" Jake said from next to me as he stared down at his plate which was now empty. He was referring to earlier today with the whole door closing and the crow. Honestly one of the funniest things because now Jake is scared of birds.

We both look over to Layla who had two floating oreo's above her head as Jack sat next to her also munching on an Oreo. She didn't need to be human to know she was grinning deviously at us.

"Colby your girlfriends brokennnn" Jake says, making me laugh.

"Oh cause she took your Oreos?"

"Uh, yeah!"

"I swear you two will never stop fighting about y'all's dumb Oreo's" I laugh, shaking my head lightly just thinking of their past arguments and how they all ended with Layla winning.

"Yeah well they're the greatest cookie to have ever walked the face of the earth so if I see one imma eat it" He says "and why are you staring at Layla?"

"Because she's beautiful" I sigh, my eyes still locked on her as she teased Jack; lifting the Oreo me higher into the air as he tried to reach for them. I laugh at her playfulness.

Jake snickers but nod's "Okay Romeo, imma head back to tara" and then he walked away.

I watched Layla interact with Jack for a few more minutes. Noticing how gentle she is with him even when she isn't human. So careful as to not leave even the smallest scratch on his fragile body. And she seemed to be great with him, which is great. I love to see Jack having so much fun with someone he met only that morning.

"Layla seem's to be getting along great with Jack" my mom says as she took a seat next to me and joined me as I watched them both play around.

I nod "Yeah, I never knew she was so great with kids" I say with a smile.

Mom laughs "Yeah.. makes you wanna have your own one day huh?" She asked out of the blue.

"Yeah" I answer without realizing it. And once I did my eyes widen "oh my god wait-"

My mom laughs and pat's my shoulder "Colby it's fine. Tell me do you wanna marry that girl?" She asked.

I nod "Yeah, she's literally the light of my life I don't know what I'd do without her" I look down and fidget with my rings as I smile to myself in joy.

"What about kids? You thinking of giving me some grandchildren?" She laughed, causing me to laugh as well.

"One day" I look back up to her.

She smiled sweetly "Good.. she's a lovely girl, and she'd make an even lovelier wife." And then she walked off to join my dad as he cooked the food.

Huh.. I've been so wrapped up in what's been going on in the past 2 years and even recently i've never one thought about me and Layla's future. I know I wanna marry her, and have kid's one day hopefully. But me and Layla have never once spoken about it, how do I know she feel's the same?

I mean, what if she doesn't?

I'd respect her decision but I know for a fact I wouldn't find anyone as amazing as her. Seriously she is my one and only and the only person I'd ever want to spend the rest of my life  with.

"Hey babe" Layla say's as she join's me on the bench and wrap's her arms around my shoulder, leaning her head on my shoulder.

"Hi" I say sweetly "you know how much I missed you calling me babe?" I ask.

She giggles "A lot?" She wonder's, making me laugh and nod.

"Yeah well.. all that did was make me even more grateful for the moments we have now" I lean my head on her own.

She awe'd "What's with this sudden burst of affection?" She questions.

I sigh "I'm in love" I answer back.

She looked up to me and kissed my lip's "What a coincidence" she says slowly "so am I"

"How'd you get rid of Jack?" I joke "that kid seem's to love you even more than I do I'm beginning to think he's stealing my girl"

Layla laughs "Oh he is, and I sent him on a scavenger hunt for a bug so we can make it a home out of sticks and leaves" she say's proudly.

"Layla Layla Layla!" Jack yell's as he runs up to us "Look what I found!" He lifted up his hand to reveal a small green caterpillar.

Layla smiles wide "It's so cute! C'mon let's go build the home. And then when we're done I bet all the food will be ready" she laughs as she stand up and takes his hand, walking him towards a large bush a few meters away.

I laugh as they scavenge for stick and other objects they could use to make a small habitat for the little insect.

She was adorable. Literally the most beautiful and sweetest girl on this planet.

All this trip is making me realize is that I want nothing more than to wake up next to her every morning. To be able to kiss her lip's when I want to, just because I love her. To be able to make her happy and make her feel as though she is the only other person is the world. To cook her meal's for no reason at all even though she know's I can't cook? In fact she'd join me as I'm cooking just so I don't burn the house down. Which I probably would.

I wanna ask her to be mine..

But when?