✫Part 6✫

We walked through the woods that I longed to run in once again all those months I was gone. I remember the small forest I would hunt in, not many places to run. Just animals to
Hunt.
I chuckle to myself "back in New Zealand" I start, catching his attention "I would go hunting in this small little forest near my rental apartment.. it was pretty crappy."
He laughed "I bet"
"I would always hate going there cause all it would remind me of is ya'll.. and how much I missed hunting with ya'll"
He sighed "I get it.. I would go weeks without going hunting with the guys" he lifted up his shirt, revealing scars from the hunger marks we would get if we didn't eat enough.. if you don't take care of your hunger in time the scratches could scar.
I stare at them in awe.. "w-why?" I ask.
"I couldn't.. it hurt to much to know you wouldn't be there." He paused "there were times the guys would have to literally drag me out of our- s-sorry my.. o-or our I don't know but. They would have force me out of the house for me to even be outside."
"Colby.."
"Don't worry about it.. I'm fine now okay?" I could tell he wasn't comfortable talking about the situation and I get it, so I let it go.. for now. Thankfully we arrived back at the house to see everyone pacing in the front room. Obviously stressing over something.
Probably us.
We opened the back door and walked back in, immediately they questioned us.
"Are ya'll okay!?" "Where'd ya'll go!?" "Why'd ya'll leave so suddenly! AND without telling us!?" "We thought ya'll had gone to like.. FIGHT!? Or something!?"
Me and Colby looked at each other and laughed, causing all their faces to change from worry to confusion.
"Guys" he placed his hand on my shoulder "we're fine"
They all sighed of relief before Jake spoke "Wait.. how fine?"
"I mean we're friends fine" I responded.
They all nodded "okay now down to business" Jake ran over to the kitchen and returned holding an empty Oreo carton "Someone took my Oreos... and I know it wasn't the demon"
"What demon?" I ask. "OH you weren't here haha.. there's a demon attached to me his name's the shadow man and ya.."
I stared at Corey "you know what.. I'm
Not gonna ask" I giggle, causing them all to laugh.
"So! Is there anything else I need to be made a where of before we continue our night?" I ask, putting my hands to my hips.
They all look at each other in hesitation.
I sigh "what is it?"
"Well.. we do have somewhere to be tonight" Corey says, looking to Sam.
I stare in confusion "where?"
"Just.. come. We'll explain when we get there okay?" Sam said, trying to stay hopeful even though there was uncertainty and fear clear in his voice.
"Colby?"
He looked hesitant "brother are you sure you don't want me to do it tonight? You did it last time and-" "No Colby. Your still recovering from your injuries and I won last time and didn't suffer from any major ones. Your not doing it" Sam said sternly.
"Guys what's going on? What did you win? And what injuries?" I ask, hoping for an answer
"Layla it's hard to explain- so... we'll just show you. Tonight? Ok?" Liza said.
Knowing I'm probably not gonna get an answer tonight I agree, causing relief to flow over them. What could be so bad that they won't tell me?